Video:Walter Wirth nightglow......

B
bigfootfish
Trying out a new bobber for catfish. Went to W. Wirth to try for broods planning then to switch to catfishing. Didn't catch nothing 'cept a sunfish!:lol:
However, the light bobber worked great, casts a mile, can see it really good. Thought I'd try a bobber for cats as I saw an old man in a video on TV catch one big channel cat after another with a bobber. His 4-5 year-old grandson hooked too!!!:D

BFF

[YOUTUBE]O49B-jUGKr8[/YOUTUBE]

F
fishin_fool
BFF we use bobbers a lot when fishing for cats in the snake river(especially using grass hoppers) they are very affective... Usually around july I believe around farewell bend the cats in brownlee will school up getting ready for spawn very near the surface and the only way to catch them is with a bobber...

That lighted bobber is pretty cool.. have you seen the new poles that have bite sensors built in the reels they are pretty cool to especially for night catfishing...

Mike

G
Growbug
That is sooo kewl.. A "tracer" for fishing!

Y
Yentz
I actually have the same type of bobber, but I havn't had a chance to use it. Typically when I got nightfishin for cats, I fish off the bottom, and use either a bell, or these little glow-sticks that clip on your pole(those are harder to find though).

B
bigfootfish
nightglow..

nightglow..

GB, thanks. It is pretty cool. And FF, that's good info on the Snake. Those reels that light up are wild. Bite sensors! Awesome. Yentz, I like those clip-ons too. I was getting them a Walmart in Lebanon but they downsized their fishing department and they went bye bye. I think the Sportsmans Warehouse stores might carry them.
This lighted bobber has a tiny battery inside with a tiny light on the end of the battery. Pull the light upward and it clicks on, push and it clicks off. Supposed to run for about 8 hours, I think. Heck, you could just take the battery, and ducttape it to the end of your pole, since the battery is not much thicker than a pencil lead and about 5/8 of an inch long.:D:dance:

BFF