Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Just in case anyone missed these...
Revised October 16, 2014
winter_steel_Clackamas_sall.jpg
Steelhead fishing on the Clackamas
-Photo by Jessica Sall-
CLACKAMAS RIVER: coho salmon

• Beginning Friday, Sept. 26 through Dec. 31 the daily limit is three adult salmon or steelhead in combination but at least one of those must be an adipose fin-clipped coho. For example, an angler may keep two chinook and one coho; two steelhead and one coho; one chinook, one steelhead and one coho; or three coho. All fish must be adipose fin-clipped.
  • Consult the 2014 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations for more information on regulations, seasons and bag limits for steelhead and other salmon species.
Barbless hooks required from the mouth to the 99E Bridge when fishing for salmon, steelhead and trout.
EAGLE CREEK: coho salmon

• Beginning Friday, Sept. 26 through Dec. 31 the daily limit is three adult salmon or steelhead in combination but at least one of those must be an adipose fin-clipped coho. For example, an angler may keep two chinook and one coho; two steelhead and one coho; one chinook, one steelhead and one coho; or three coho. All fish must be adipose fin-clipped.
  • Consult the 2014 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations for more information on regulations, seasons and bag limits for steelhead and other salmon species.
SANDY RIVER: coho salmon, sturgeon

• Beginning Friday, Sept. 2 ;through Dec. 31 the daily limit is three adult salmon or steelhead in combination but at least one of those must be an adipose fin-clipped coho. For example, an angler may keep two chinook and one coho; two steelhead and one coho; one chinook, one steelhead and one coho; or three coho. All fish must be adipose fin-clipped.
  • Consult the 2014 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations for more information on regulations, seasons and bag limits for steelhead and other salmon species
  • Retention of white sturgeon is prohibited in 2014.
  • Fishing for sturgeon, including catch-and-release, is prohibited in the Sandy River during Jan. 1 - April 30, 2014 and Dec.r 1-31, 2014.
WILLAMETTE RIVER, Mouth to Willamette Falls, including Multnomah Channel
Salmon and Steelhead

• Barbless hooks required from the mouth to Willamette Falls, including the Multnomah Channel and Gilbert River, when fishing for salmon, steelhead and trout.
  • Beginning Friday, Sept. 26 ;through Dec. 31 the daily limit is three adult salmon or steelhead in combination but at least one of those must be an adipose fin-clipped coho. For example, an angler may keep two chinook and one coho; two steelhead and one coho; one chinook, one steelhead and one coho; or three coho. All fish must be adipose fin-clipped. Does not apply to areas above Willamette Falls where the coho bag limit remains two adipose or non-adipose fin clipped coho.
  • This area is open to retention of adipose fin-clipped steelhead and adipose fin-clipped Chinook salmon the entire year under permanent rules.
  • Consult the 2014 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations for more information on regulations, seasons and bag limits for steelhead and salmon.
  • Bank angling is prohibited from the east shore of the Willamette River the entire year at the “Oregon City Wall” defined as the area beginning west of Highway 99E, at the northern-most extent of the parking area near the intersection of 8th Street and Highway 99E in Oregon City, approximately 290 feet downstream of the Oregon City/West Linn bridge (Hwy 43) and extending upstream approximately 1715 feet to the retaining wall extending into the Willamette River at the NW corner of the Blue Heron Paper Mill.
WILLAMETTE RIVER (above Willamette Falls), and tributaries
Coho, Chinook, and Steelhead
Effective Oct.15, on the Willamette River and its tributaries upstream of Willamette Falls that are open to the harvest of coho salmon, the bag limit is increased by one clipped or unclipped coho during the scheduled coho seasons in these waters.
All other permanent regulations apply.
Consult the 2014 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations for more information on regulations, open areas, seasons and bag limits on these species.
spacer.gif
spacer.gifspacer.gif

troutdude
troutdude
Good lookin' out RC!

D
DrTheopolis
Good thing they let you keep fin-clipped fall Chinook in the Clack. Maybe the next bulletin will allow for retention of black marlin.

And to my fishing friends -- if you do hook a fall Chinook on the Clack, PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE handle it with kid gloves, and cut you're leader if need be. They are rare gems, and seeing them make a comeback (that's what the Clack was famous for, befeore the dams went in and drove them to near-extinction, and they haven't recovered) would be amazing, and I hope to see it in my lifetime.

brandon4455
brandon4455
EDIT: found my answer. nvm

M
Midgie Hater
Thanks for the update. I've had the regs. for 2014 since before I arrived in the US in September and have read them thoroughly, but as a newcomer it's an important affirmation that the ODFW mantra "check for updates" amounts to more than just words.

I had no idea that sturgeon were present in the Sandy but I suppose it makes sense. How far up do they occur? Not too far I assume? Perhaps that's a question for a separate thread though :)