Umqua springers

R
RvrRat
I floated the main umqua yesterday cought four bright ironheads, then on the way home stoped at elkton for a cold one and herd that somebody cought a springer!!! Not confirmed just herd. I think it's time to spin a chovie:

J
joemomma
Cool, I can't get down there until June for summers, but I hope there will be a Springer or two around!

T
Thuggin4Life
When do guyus start trolling for them down there?

P
plumb2fish
April 15th. Thats when a friend of mine puts away the steelhead gear and starts targeting salmon.

C
crusty old fisherman
they dont really troll for them down there its pretty much an anchor fishing ordeal...if you find a good spot the fish have to move through you just wait for them to come to you...I hav fished down there quite a bit in fact I rarely bother with chasing the grey bellies on the willamette. I wuould rather make a few trips to the umpqua and catch one umpqua springer hthen 10 upriver darks on the willamette. I am not sure about waiting till the 15th of april for them I have had good luck on several occasions fishig well in advance of that date....

Crusty

R
RvrRat
your right on crusty anchor up and let them come to you and keep a tight spin on your chovie so when they take it they get way down there throte. I don't get real crazy about it until turkey season starts you can do a cast and blast if you do your home work!!!!!

R
Razz
Day light savings time just a tad early maybe 7-10 days.