Two rod

Joeh11

Hey all I tried reading the regulations for using two rod validation in the Tualatin river but I can't find anything on it. Does anyone know if you can use two rods?

page 7 of this years printed regs book- the 2 rod validation is allowed in lakes, ponds, and reservoirs BUT only in streams/rivers when specifically authorized. so if you can't find anything authorizing it in exemptions or a regs update for the stream/river of interest, it is not allowed there.

basically, it's a NO unless you can find something changing that to a YES.

The only thing I've found is it said the willamette river and it's tributaries, and the Tualatin is a tributary of the willamette, also 2 years ago two rod validation wad good

I recall they have done some temporary 2 rod for Willamette, this is the current one, Tualatin is upstream of Willamette Falls, correct?

Willamette River

March 1 - August 15: In all areas of the Willamette River downstream of Willamette Falls, including Multnomah Channel, and in the Clackamas River downstream of the Highway 99E Bridge that are open to angling for hatchery Chinook, hatchery steelhead, trout, or warmwater gamefish, anglers with a valid 2024 Two-Rod Angling Validation may use up to two fishing rods while angling for any game fish or nongame fish species except sturgeon. Youth anglers under 12 years of age may use two fishing rods in these areas without purchasing the Two-Rod Validation.

May 1 - July 31: In all areas of the Willamette River upstream of Willamette Falls, including the tributaries and flowing waters that are open to angling for hatchery Chinook, hatchery steelhead, trout, or warmwater gamefish, anglers with a valid 2024 Two-Rod Validation may use up to two fishing rods while angling for any game fish or nongame fish species except sturgeon. Youth anglers under 12 years of age may use two fishing rods in these areas without purchasing the Two-Rod Validation.‌

Top Bottom