two open seats for tomorrow (22nd)

M
meluvtrout
osmosis said:
Today sucked as far as catching goes, but it was spent with good company. We got one jack and that was it for sea run fish. Dang close to a skunk!

Don't worry, I'll wear my lucky hat on Sunday! :)

F
FishFinger
It was a great day on the water.

Just1Nook it was a pleasure to fish with you and I look forward to doing it again in the near future.

We worked it hard today! Just so happened there weren't fish on the move; had there been they would have been in the boat.

Hats off to you Osmo and your skippering prowess. Unless you've been on board it's hard to fully describe the skillz he has.

The river was running fast 14.25' @ 5940 cfs. All kidding aside 6 people in the last 3 days have gone into the Clack and only 4 have have come out alive.

In spite of the high flows Osmo piloted his sled with amazing ability; as we ever so slowly back drifted bait on divers, and side drifting the entire length of killer slots.

Unless your with a skipper who has the technique dialed, it's a type of angling not many folks will ever have the opportunity to try.

I'm sure AA, Kodiak, & Just 1Nook will fully agree with what I'm trying to say here.

It's so much more that simply running a tiller handle; way more....

Oh oh oh and I have some BIG news to share..... Water temp is 47.8 degrees. And you know what that means... YeeHaw.....It's Spinner time..

J
just1nook
Well spoken FF. Was a great day, sure had a lot more bites than my typical day on the bank thats for sure, too bad none of em stuck.

One little tidbit from the trip, we were sidedriftin and FF got hung up, lost his whole rig. At the bottom of the drift I reel in and check my coon shrimp, I do a double take, my coon had turned into a shrimp cocktail:shock:. Had to think for a second, did I rig it like that....nope. Don't know how but I managed to hook FF eggs on my hook. That was freaky.

Thanks again big O.

P
PDXKush
Man sounds too fun. I can't wait O.

F
FishFinger
just1nook said:
Well spoken FF. Was a great day, sure had a lot more bites than my typical day on the bank thats for sure, too bad none of em stuck.

One little tidbit from the trip, we were sidedriftin and FF got hung up, lost his whole rig. At the bottom of the drift I reel in and check my coon shrimp, I do a double take, my coon had turned into a shrimp cocktail:shock:. Had to think for a second, did I rig it like that....nope. Don't know how but I managed to hook FF eggs on my hook. That was freaky.

Thanks again big O.

That's right, the really strange things was the only thing that came back was the egg cluster. No hooks, no line, only the eggs and they looked like you'd rigged them up.... Utter crazyness...lol

M
metalmania
Well it sounds like you guys had a great time out there, and a jack is waaaaaaaay better than gettin skunked. I was out today and would have been happy with a little trout. Hell i'll take a sucker fish over a skunk. Looks like i'll be bathing in tomato sauce tonight;).

F
Fishtopher
osmosis said:
Today sucked as far as catching goes, but it was spent with good company. We got one jack and that was it for sea run fish. Dang close to a skunk!

:think:Thats Dans fault. He does that to me everytime I fish with him;)....

Just kiddin Dan, dont break my kneecaps like you did that one guy....

F
Fishtopher
FishFinger said:
Oh oh oh and I have some BIG news to share..... Water temp is 47.8 degrees. And you know what that means... YeeHaw.....It's Spinner time..

No doubt! I hooked up with 4 fish today on spinners from the summer swap! First came on Al's, next 3 came on Dan's mini spinny! First 'nook on a spinner for me! First three fish all Steel, last one was the nooker(Jack). Thanks for the spinners guys!

M
meluvtrout
Fishtopher said:
No doubt! I hooked up with 4 fish today on spinners from the summer swap! First came on Al's, next 3 came on Dan's mini spinny! First 'nook on a spinner for me! First three fish all Steel, last one was the nooker(Jack). Thanks for the spinners guys!

What are you doing next Saturday? Let's get the old band back together and foul hook some native rocks! :)

M
meluvtrout
Fishtopher said:

Yup poor CJ! Haven't heard back from him since then...

F
FishFinger
Fishtopher said:
:think:Thats Dans fault. He does that to me everytime I fish with him;)....

OM-Friggin-G........ That's one info leak I was hoping to keep sealed up.
I've been doing everything I can think of to shed the SkunkFinger. I wear gloves, don't smoke, put smelly jelly behind my ears and have even carried my wife's panties (in a undisclosed location) to no avail.

As the word spreads, my condition is more than just a evil rumor, it's going to limit the number of people who'll let me get anywhere near them while fishing.

I'll bet Osmo is busy washing the spinners he showed me too.. all 6 thousand of them... Probably a wise move.

However more importantly than why no one around me catches fish is... Why do you still have a green reputation box Fishtopher? Hummm?

BTW.. I'm going to shake your hand the next time I see you.. Make sure you have a fresh coating of skunk..... I'm not going down alone!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Up date... talked to Andy this morning. He and his better half both nailed nookies on the C yesterday. I've spent a fair amount of time with him recently so.... while the snunk my be contagious it seems fade fairly quickly..... Just1nook your not tainted for more that a few days.. just in time for the weekend..

Last edited:
M
meluvtrout
:lol::lol::lol:

K
Kodiak
yuck!!!

yuck!!!

UV'e got a couple of spinners that will help take care of that FF or SF..which ever. If that don't work Ive got a spot down here that can knock the stink OFF of ANYBODY...and I mean Anybody. Can't hit a fish in there you may as well give up! as soon as they get here I'll PM you..poor guy!

M
mgdguy
FishFinger said:
and have even carried my wife's panties (in a undisclosed location) to no avail

T....M....I! :redface:

:lol:

F
Fishtopher
mgdguy said:
T....M....I! :redface:

:lol:

You think thats bad, wait till you see what he keeps of hers in his tackle box....:D