TUNA are getting closer

F
Fish Fight
Any day now the first Oregon sport boat will be bringing in TUNA and then the madness will begin. Commies are bringing in fish and others are making ready. Tuna highway is coming together, warm water is here, NoCal sports have been catching for a week or two now. Rumors are abound of sport caught fish but they are coming from someones brothers cousin that heard it from someones cousin.

Let it begin

F
Fish Fight
The TUNA have arrived :cool:
I will be chasing them on Friday and Saturday :yay::yay::yay:

T
Troutier Bassier
I Never caught a Tuna but Have dreamed about it all my life, Do they fight more then Oversive Sturgeon?????

Wht kind of Tuna do they have here? Bluefin? Yellowfin? Black?

F
Fish Fight
Troutier Bassier said:
I Never caught a Tuna but Have dreamed about it all my life, Do they fight more then Oversive Sturgeon?????

Wht kind of Tuna do they have here? Bluefin? Yellowfin? Black?

Albacore is what's most often caught but there are a handful of very good skippers that are getting serious about landing a bluefin. I think there was one landed about 4 or 5 years ago and every year there's stories of rods getting ripped out of the rod holders, 50w's getting spooled and blue fin sightings. There is an occasional dorado and yellow tail landed just about every year.

Nothing fights like an oversize sturgeon, not even a very big halibut. They are just different fights. The albacore fight is a very active fight but I've landed them on heavy salmon rods, after seeing the backing on my reel. The albacore isn't just about the fight, it's the whole fishing experience, especially if you are on a private boat.

F
Fish Fight
Tried to fish last friday from out of Depoe Bay, got out about 8 miles and had to turn back. It was lumpy, my crew was getting beat up and one was puking. We came back to within about 3 miles and fished for coho, did pretty good but ran out of bait and had to go home a little short of 3 limits. I'll try again this saturday.
The OTC Newport is this Saturday, anyone here participating?

O
osmosis
Atleast you got to partially salvage the trip.
talk about a fun way to spend the day either direction. fishin in the salt is a blast.