Trout of the year 2012

Admin
Post a picture of yourself with your trout of the year. If you don't mind to share, please post a brief summary (when, where, how ).

F
fishing_mission
This is the biggest one I got a picture of. Lost creek reservoir trolling a green wooly bugger

Last edited by a moderator:
S
Socaaron
Caught this big guy this October down by Agency lake in southern oregon. Him and his buddies were pretty darn wily; even by sight fishing took me till the second day to figure a good strategy for getting them to bite without getting spooked. Takedown came on a brown trout colored Thomas Bouyant

Last edited by a moderator:
C
Combat Chuck
Howard Prairie this fall... quick limits for everyone! Just kept it simple chucking bait.

troutdude
Got these, just prior to July 4th, in Eastern Oregon.

The one on the left, is just under 19", but FAT:

[that's Prineville Reservoir, in the background]

And here is his twin brother (at the bottom of this pic), from the day before. Also just a shade under 19"; but note the girth!

The one in the middle, was 17 or 18", and the one on top 12"; for comparison.

The best part of all...they made MULTIPLE RUNS and STRIPPED LOTS O' LINE!!! It was a BLAST w/ Ultralight gear!!!

Last edited:
B
bran_man
This is my trout of 2012. Was my P.R. Trout at 5 pounds caught in me and my dads secret pond up in the mountains on a plain worm.

C
cullen
i caught this little guy on a red and silver spoon out of a secret body of water.
he wasn't big but he was a fun little catch and he was a good camera model

F
fishfry
These were my two biggest of the year, both coming in around 28 inches. The one on the right was my biggest native to date on the fly rod Talk about a blast on my 6wt rod.

• 28inch.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 28fly.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 132
S
simijab
Eastern sierras California

Last edited:
H
hawgcaller
This is my trout of 2012. Was my P.R. Trout at 5 pounds caught in me and my dads secret pond up in the mountains on a plain worm.
I would of went with the bully man, you slayed some trout last year.

M
Moe
Didn't do much trout just a lot of sturgeon, but here is a big ol brooder

• 20130210_153129.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 119
I
I need stitches
Here is my trophy trout so far for the year 30" 11lbs