Trojan pond?

F
frodog
Anyone fished trojan pond in Gobel recently, or have any pointers for fishing here? I would like to take my wife somewhere she will catch fish. We tried Harriet last week with no luck, and I would like to get some redemption.

Last edited by a moderator:
S
SturgeonSurgeon
hey frogdog......a buddy and I go there quit often and usually do ok. Most fish though are about 8 inches. Green powerbait balls work great as well as white. Worms are decent to but when are they not. we just went to lost lake today and did really well brought in 12 kept 4. All over 14" the ones we kept. That would definatly be a great place to take your wife. Its peaceful an quit out there. If you need directions let me know.

S
SinBreed
hey sturgeon...does Lost lake have much for bank fishing? what kinna rigging were you using? thanks for your feedback!

chris~

Reactions: SturgeonSurgeon
S
SturgeonSurgeon
Yes there is bank access but it does change since the logs in the lake are always moving. We were bottom fishing with the hook around 2 feet off the bottom. Hook size was #6 and we were useing powerbait balls. White worked the best that day as well as green. If you make it out there good luck and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

F
frodog
Lost lake is our stand by my wife is pregnant and almost due, so she can't ride in the car that long. The doctor advised us that we should not be bouncin around on the gravel roads unless we want to speed things up. I do love lost lake though. Sturgeon Surgeon I still need to get the milton tour from you.

Reactions: MMMFishey and SturgeonSurgeon
S
SturgeonSurgeon
For sure whenever. It is open now although I have not been catching near as much lately. But it is still just awesome being out in the water. PM me when you want to go out. I am available pretty much everyday since I am on call.

Last edited:
E
Endall
I went out there for the first time earlier tonight. Within about 20 minutes I hooked a LMB on a frog. He was a good 15 inches but broke my reel before I could get him on the shore. After he took my frog I switched over to worms and top water poppers (only took one frog out there. Yeah, stupid...), not a lot of luck. Went over to the other side and tried my luck w/ trout. Whole lotta nothin'. I'll be back tomorrow with a net and some more frogs.

Reactions: MMMFishey
S
SturgeonSurgeon
Hey Endall I have always wanted to catch a LMB and I have heard they are in trojan. Are you useing real frogs or the fake ones from the stores? What part of the pond are you fishing to would be helpful. Thanks

E
Endall
Hey Sturgeon,
Yeah, they're in there. Pulled out a 3.5 pounder earlier today, hooked a decent sized smallie, too. I'm usin' fake frogs, ribbit jigs. Anywhere you see scum or logs in about 2 - 4 ft. of water is a nice spot. I like to go out just before sundown and watch them do their little nighttime top feeding ritual. Right off the road when you first pull in to your left (the north pond) I've seen 'em spawning. If you **** 'em off enough, they'll bite!

S
SturgeonSurgeon
Thanks a lot form the advice. I have just recently gotten into bass fishing and been catching a lot of small mouth but I really want to catch me a large mouth. So maybe today I will run out there with the wife and kids and see what I can't pull out. Do plugs and rattlers work well for them in there? I've seen the frogs at wal mart they look pretty cool.

You say the north pond on the left when you pull in. You mean the pond that nobody fishes at right. All the trout fisherman fish the right pond. Just wanted to clear that up.

Last edited:
E
Endall
Yup, that's the one. There's some good sized crappie in there also. I've heard whispers of catfish but haven't had any luck myself.
Good luck!

Where do you go fishin' for small mouth around these parts?

E
Endall
Also, haven't really tried anything other than the frogs out there. They work, so I stuck with 'em. I did briefly try my luck with worms and grubs but they weren't havin' any of it.

H
halibuthitman
Endall said:
Where do you go fishin' for small mouth around these parts?
every single back water of the columbia and willamette is infested with them.

S
SturgeonSurgeon
Thanks Endall for the feedback and the tips. Would love to get together sometime and do some bass fishing there with you....I love learning new techniques and how to fish different species.

S
SinBreed
Endall, the Tualatin has lotsa smallies in it. i have jus recently gtn into bass fishin as well so jus learning spots, set ups, etc. as i go. any info is always appreciated!
chris~

S
SinBreed
tryin to google this place w no success... can someone tell me what area its in? thanks!

F
frodog
Gobel north of St. Helens.

B
Bnnopo
46°2′18″N 122°53′6″W

If I remember right, its about milepost 31 on Hwy 30. You really can't miss it if you are coming from Portland.