Trip to the coast, any advice?

B
Big3d
Hey Everyone,

I'm taking a trip to the coast wednesday. I am thinking of heading up HWY 26 or HWY 6, anyone been to the Wilson or Necanicum lately? I want to throw in an hour or so of Trout fishing for sure. We are staying in Garibaldi, I have no jetty experience and am not in the position to learn right now. That being said I will be heading up towards the Nehalem Thursday. I am banking it and wondering How high I can get up the river and still have a shot at the Summer/fall Nooks? I know Foss Rd bridge is the deadline but is it DEAD near the line? Any public type spots lower I should check out? I will be spinning so tidewater bait restrictions are no problem. If The Nooks are bad i always dig the Cutties! If I understand right, the trout fishing is still legal till october right? Last year I almost got a ticket because I missed the update closing trout in July...

Thanks

Big3D

R
_RJ_
The Wilson has been good to me from the Forestry Center down. I fly fish so probably no help to you there. I would seriously try jetty fishing, not complicated in my opinion. I went for the first time the other day and did pretty well at least for rockfish. good luck

W
waco
no nooks on the wilson yet but you can get some cutthroat with some spiners or some rapala plugs, those fish are very agressive and they will bite anything!!! Fishing the jetty is really easy, and you can get some sea bass, or lincods just come to the Tillamook Sporting Goods store and i'll show you how to fish and what to use!!!

B
Big3d
Not sure I'll have a ton of time to try it, if I have the time I'll stop in first thanks!

troutdude
troutdude
For the SRC's: hot pink Rooster Tails, or bobber and Borden Special flies are the ticket. Word is that the run is early this year. They are quite a ways upstream, already, on the Alsea. Go get 'em and file a report here!

Casting Call
Casting Call
ASKED FOR ADVICE AND HAVE NO TIME FOR IT!
Big3d said:
Hey Everyone,

I'm taking a trip to the coast wednesday. I am thinking of heading up HWY 26 or HWY 6, anyone been to the Wilson or Necanicum lately? I want to throw in an hour or so of Trout fishing for sure. We are staying in Garibaldi, I have no jetty experience and am not in the position to learn right now. That being said I will be heading up towards the Nehalem Thursday. I am banking it and wondering How high I can get up the river and still have a shot at the Summer/fall Nooks? I know Foss Rd bridge is the deadline but is it DEAD near the line? Any public type spots lower I should check out? I will be spinning so tidewater bait restrictions are no problem. If The Nooks are bad i always dig the Cutties! If I understand right, the trout fishing is still legal till october right? Last year I almost got a ticket because I missed the update closing trout in July...

Thanks

Big3D
You asked for advice so here goes! You have been a member since apr 2011 and never had the time to search the fourms for information. Never had the time to recon the areas you want, so you ask members here to tell you all about it. Go throw for and hour after trout as you said. Then go on down the road. Read your up dates this time (if any) Put in your time! Do your homework on the fourms. Quit using people. I call people like you BAIT! (blood-suckers). For all you readers of this, No one pissed in my cheerios this mourning. This is my free speech and my Rant for members like B3D. Let's see if I get Zapped on this one! CC

B
Big3d
Relax, i get what you're saying, I have read and know the basics. i was just asking if anyone who's been out lately would chime in. I have fished both rivers and i htoave favorite spots but like to check with others too. I was saying I probably won't have a chance to jetty fish. I have only a few hours total fishing time. I'm fine with you saying what you had to say. I hope to be in a spot where I know enough to help people out too someday, but until I get regular successes I read the older posts, and I ask. People hold tons of info. But I get your point, i won't post like this again. Sorry

Thanks for the tips.

Last edited:
L
LivinItUpCO
I'm not moving to Oregon for a couple years so therefore I lurk. BUT I post a lot in my Colorado forums. All I have to say is AMEN to CC. This site is plagued with people wanting too much info and it seems every time someone speaks the truth about it they are told "You're scaring away new members." If someone has nothing to offer, or isn't willing to put the time in to their craft then they don't deserve anything in return. None of us became masters of our hobbies overnight, and if you're complaining about not getting enough info then you're completely ignorant. To the regulars that post here THANK YOU; you guys get me more and more excited about moving to the NW and having new fishing ventures. To the members with 2 or 3 posts who ask for info then never post their outcome, get a new hobby and leave the fish for me!

B
Big3d
Not complaining at all... Thankful for every bit out there.

bass
bass
Big3d said:
Not complaining at all....

If you are not going to get offended then you are ruining all the fun :)

I have nothing useful to add since I have not been to the coast in a while. Best of luck on your trip!

B
Big3d
Thanks Bass!