Trillium Trout for everyone

B
bigfootfish
Well, recon. I guess we are not welcome on the Trillium thread. We didn't hijack it. I guess some of those fine folks must of complained to a SM about us. Shucks.

U
usmc-recon
Not real sure why when im attending it kina funny really guess the 3 drift boats and camper prob real loud carrying on arnt welcome. Then it should say trillium for VIPs or special invites only but that might be seen as a click

E
eggs
Good luck out there.. when are y'all going? If you have questions I will do my best to help out.

Ohh average depth would be around 10-15' through the middle and shallows to the shore.. down by the dam there gets a deeep pocket down to around 35'.. most bankers do best down there as most shore is rough to fish other than the dock.

In a boat trolling 10-20' feet off the grass line on the west shore is a solid bet and same thing goes for the north shore.. towards the north side of the lake in the middle of the lake there are some massive weed beds and stocks the big fish hide in but it can get you hung up a bunch.

B
bigfootfish
usmc-recon said:
Not real sure why when im attending it kina funny really guess the 3 drift boats and camper prob real loud carrying on arnt welcome. Then it should say trillium for VIPs or special invites only but that might be seen as a click
You have a point, recon. Indeed.

B
bigfootfish
eggs said:
Good luck out there.. when are y'all going? If you have questions I will do my best to help out.

Ohh average depth would be around 10-15' through the middle and shallows to the shore.. down by the dam there gets a deeep pocket down to around 35'.. most bankers do best down there as most shore is rough to fish other than the dock.

In a boat trolling 10-20' feet off the grass line on the west shore is a solid bet and same thing goes for the north shore.. towards the north side of the lake in the middle of the lake there are some massive weed beds and stocks the big fish hide in but it can get you hung up a bunch.

Thanks, eggs. I think the weak tea color is due to the aquatic vegetation, isn't it?

Last edited:
B
bigfootfish
Eggs, I must say that you and GDBrown(is that the right handle for him?)are the only two who haven't been, let's say, less than civil?

Last edited:
E
eggs
I think so and also due to decaying leaves/needles from the trees around..

B
bigfootfish
eggs said:
I think so and also due to decaying leaves/needles from the trees around..

Interesting. The color is unique. Never seen a lake that color before. I was camping a Clear Lake a few years back and I drove over to Trill to check it out. Lots of people then, but it was mid-August.

B
bigfootfish
Wikipedia says it's a popular Nordic skiing destination come wintertime.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
bigfootfish said:
Well, recon. I guess we are not welcome on the Trillium thread. We didn't hijack it. I guess some of those fine folks must of complained to a SM about us. Shucks.

You did hijack it. Several times. Nobody complained, I am doing my job.

That thread is not about Trillium Lake in general, it is specifically about a private party that is to take place on Trillium. Read the first post.

Bigfootfish, I strongly suggest you stop attempting to create problems for the other members of this forum.

Last edited:
E
eggs
it is interesting too as the water from it comes right of the slopes of timberline area and palmer glaciar than soaks in as ground water which as a filter then comes out and forms a stream that fills trillium.. it is very fresh water and doesn't get a ton of sediment carried in even a large water events due to it forming ground water before going into a fairly rocky and high gradiant stream.

Last edited:
B
bigfootfish
eggs said:
it is interesting too as the water from it comes right of the slops of timberline area and palmer glaciar than soaks in as ground water which as a filter then comes out and forms a stream that fills trillium.. it is very fresh water and doesn't get a ton of sediment carried in even in large water events due to it forming ground water before going into a fairly rocky and high gradiant stream.

Do you take into account any granitic batholiths in the vicinity?

E
eggs
bigfootfish said:
Do you take into account any granitic batholiths in the vicinity?

I am not aware of one around Mt. Hood..

B
bigfootfish
GraphiteZen said:
You did hijack it. Several times. Nobody complained, I am doing my job.

That thread is not about Trillium Lake in general, it is specifically about a private party that is to take place on Trillium. Read the first post.

Bigfootfish, I strongly suggest you stop attempting to create problems for the other members of this forum.

Well now. A private thread in a public forum? They should have perhaps started a group titled private trillium campout etc. or whatever. Just a thought.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
bigfootfish said:
A private thread in a public forum?

This forum is not public. You are a guest.

B
bigfootfish
That's odd. GZs post vanished. Very strange. Oh. There it is back. Strange.

Last edited:
B
bigfootfish
eggs said:
I am not aware of one around Mt. Hood..

I thought there were several in the area. But now that I think of it there are few if no granite domes in Oregon like around Yosemite.

B
bigfootfish
But what a minute. The upwelling of the surface over by the Three Sisters has the USGS debating if a batholith is making its way to the surface to possibly erupt as a possible fourth Sister. Oh well. My Geology 201 is many years in the past. Time for a refresher course.

Last edited:
B
bigfootfish
Egads. Here I am hijacking my own thread. Silly me. Time for bed. Zonkers!

B
bigfootfish
Man I feel stupid. I just became aware that the Forest Service and BLM are trying to educate campers not to bring camp firewood into their forests from areas outside those forests and/or areas due to the risk of introducing invasive species insects that could possibly infest areas not native to said insects and maybe cause harm to those areas. I've done that in the past myself. Cripes! I camped out for a month at Olallie Lake years ago and knowing I would need lots of firewood(since it was early June just after the roads opened due to low snowpack levels from that winter) I took a whole cord of firewood up, hid it then went back and loaded up my gear and came back up, set up camp and then went and got my firewood stash. Whew! At least the trees dying up there around the Resort's cabin's had already begun. But this gives a person something to think about.:(:shock::think: