Train bridge causes access closure

D
dozer365
The old train bridge just down from high rocks is teetering and close to collapse by all appearances. For some reason as a precaution they have put sheriffs caution tape around most the trail system on the Oregon city side. Basically the "willows" are marked as no trespassing as of right now. So hope they figure something out for the weekend. Don't know if the water will allow for access from the footbridge at cross park.

T
TimberTodd
I saw this on the morning news. The one end support looks pretty spooky.

D
DrTheopolis
It sat there unused, so I'm guessing they haven't bothered to paint the steel supports in a looooong time. So no big shock it eventually failed, I suppose.

R
rainORsnow1
Personally I'm glad to see it go. Many people have died jumping from that bridge. I just hope the clean up hurries. It could really mess with river access this spring

D
DrTheopolis
Yeah, it would be a bummer if something curtailed access to Clackamas Sled Idiot.

Hull repair shops would see a dropoff in business.

B
bigboy70
hahaha yea funny thing is since im local me and a few others knew about it two days before it got any media attention goes to show how slow they can be.

I also am glad to see it go one of the deaths off that bridge was a schoolmate. a lot of dare devils not knowing how to high dive might as well jump onto a slab of concrete that high just watch a special on the effects and strain water puts on our body from high dives crazy!