Tracker Pro 170 Vs Columbia River

O
Onpoint_fishngame
I have seen a few of these posts but trying to gauge my situation before pulling the boat to a launch just to turn around and head back home. I am fairly new to owning the boat as well as bass fishing in general but love both. I have fished hagg lake a few times and its kind of getting old. I would like to get on some smallies in a decent fishery. I am originally from Washington and there are several decent lakes all over the state. The thing I am realizing here in OR is the rivers are our better fishery. I would love to be able to have a place I can head out and have better success than Hagg. Is there a wind report that guys use? i mean I've seen kayaks out there rippen lips... I guess I'm just trying to get some help with a safe option for a 17' Tracker?

Best Regards,

Jerry

Reactions: beavis
fromthelogo
fromthelogo
I have a 17' G3 aluminum bass boat. I prefer the Willamette from Willamette Park in John's Landing to Cedar Oak in West Linn to the bigger waters of the Columbia. @bass has posted a lot about fishing the Willamette above the Falls. He's also posted quite a few about his trips on the Columbia launching from the WA side.

Reactions: beavis and bass
O
Onpoint_fishngame
fromthelogo said:
I have a 17' G3 aluminum bass boat. I prefer the Willamette from Willamette Park in John's Landing to Cedar Oak in West Linn to the bigger waters of the Columbia. @bass has posted a lot about fishing the Willamette above the Falls. He's also posted quite a few about his trips on the Columbia launching from the WA side.
This is great. I have been wanting to get out in the rivers. Been snapping photos of boat launches off google maps. I have thought about hitting the Scappoose bay area and see if i could get back into the slough to catch a couple green ones.. Again just don't know enough about the rivers to be super confident and don't really know too many people willing to share info. lol! So thanks for the input!

EOBOY
EOBOY
Go to goole maps and search rock island. It is south of the Tualitin river. About 1/2 way along rock island there is an island on the wext side. The south end of that island is is a great spot to catch a bunch using ned rigs. At the north end of rock island (notice there are differant Islands) they are all concidered rock island. In the main stem if you zoom in on maps you will see 2 big submerged rocks. Those also are good to park over and pick up fish. I fished rock island years ago by parking by the tracks and walking to the island after the high water in the spring.

Reactions: beavis and Onpoint_fishngame