To Snub Or Not To Snub

O
Oregonchris
Most of the reading I have been doing lately ...seem a lot of guys are not useing snubbers when koke trolling? Seems a lot of guys are using a slower action rod i.e. bends all the way to the but section used as a shock absorber??? I guess the thought is the snubber deadens the action from the dodger or the troll? Have any of you guys given up the snubber?

Troutski
Snubber...

Snubber...

I stopped using a snubber about a year ago and went to a special rod instead. Much more action with out the snubber, all you feel is the fish. I use it for Land Locked Chinook and Kokes alike, something about your rod tip hitting the water when you get a fish; you never think "was that a hit" great fun.

Chuck

F
FishFinger
Chuck is that a fenwick your eluding to?

Troutski
New rod...

New rod...

Chuck is that a fenwick your eluding to?

Actually no, it is a off brand 3 wt. fly rod; very nice indeed. I had it put together by Dicrohic and tested by me . This thing is unbelievable to say the least, so much action that even a small fish feels like a hog, and when you do get a hog - all I can say is I want another one. The price is very low which makes it all the better...

Chuck

F
FishFinger
Humm a flyrod, that is a novel idea. Did you convert the blank into a conventional rod? i.e. reel seat, guides ect?

Just the thought of it has the wheels in my nugget spinning..lol

Troutski
Steel...

Steel...

Humm a flyrod, that is a novel idea. Did you convert the blank into a conventional rod? i.e. reel seat, guides ect?

Just the thought of it has the wheels in my nugget spinning..lol

I had a spinning reel reel seat installed along with 13 - yea 13 guides. This thing is like a through the blank rod, I use braided line so I went with hard ceramic guides and a long extended cork handle...this thing is awesome...

Chuck

M
Mike123
I had a spinning reel reel seat installed along with 13 - yea 13 guides. This thing is like a through the blank rod, I use braided line so I went with hard ceramic guides and a long extended cork handle...this thing is awesome...

Chuck

That sounds like an awesome set up!
I have a fly rod i converted to a trolling rod as well.
I really want a 3wt blank though so I can tie it up the way yours is!

Troutski
Line counter...

Line counter...

That sounds like an awesome set up!
I have a fly rod i converted to a trolling rod as well.
I really want a 3wt blank though so I can tie it up the way yours is!

I put a Depthmster Gold series line counter from Cabelas for a reel, what a great set up. I can jig and know exactly where I am; don't have to count backwards or try to remember where I was. I just can't believe I waited so long to do this...

Chuck

Raincatcher
Ummmm,Chuck?

Ummmm,Chuck?

Chuck

PICTURES?! ray:
Barb

O
Oregonchris

Chuck

Who is your rod builder?

Troutski
Our members...

Our members...

Who is your rod builder?

Dichrofisher, one of our members. He was going through the experience curve and I volunteered my blank and hardware for a price I couldn't refuse. Contact him and see if he has the time, he does a great job...

Chuck