To glove, or not to glove

F
flipper
My buddy and I have been discussing whether to surgical glove our bait or not (we run a 6 HP Yamaha that needs drinking once in a while). But, our outings have seemed to indicate that a lack of gloves keep us pretty close to limiting out every outting....

What say you glovers?

P
plumb2fish
The only reason I wear gloves on occasion is that my brine turns my hands green for days if I don't....

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
I don't like bait hands. My right hand is currently neon freaking blue because I made a mistake and dropped something in my herring brine, and without thinking dunked my hand up to above my wrist...instantly stained, and I can't get rid of it. ALWAYS USE GLOVES WHEN HANDLING COLORED BRINE. When I'm handling eggs, the cure starts to cure my hands. They get dried up and crack and become pretty damn painful...and i use a hand sanitizer at work that has an alcohol base, no less than probably 200 times a day, and THAT hurts like HELL when your hands are cracked. So yes, I glove up. Besides, then, when you go to eat lunch, you don't eat fish bait. Common sense you menfolk seem to overlook.

F
flipper
Haha, seems like the consensus is.... glove it up baby.

Thanks guys/gal :)

T
Thuggin4Life
I always start out with gloves but by the end of the day my hands are green or blue or crusty with egg funk. my sandwiches always seem to taste like herring and i catch plenty of fish on nicoteen scent.

On another note i allow bananas in my boat.

R
RunWithSasquatch
If I dont glove, I pay the piper.
Egg bait cures, prawn cures, herring brines... they all take there toll on my hands.

Gloves? - Yes Please.

M
metalfisher76
Whilst brining? Oh yeah! On the water? Not so much:)

R
Razz
Gloves sure save the hands if you are retired and fish 200+ trips per year.

R
rippin fish lips
I recently have started curing my eggs up, i do use gloves for curing them. Ill start with gloves on the water, but if i get no bites while using them i take them off. Ill rock pink fingers for a day or two, just for the bites from the fish get my adreniline going. I always seam to get more hook ups without gloves.

IMO, no glove it if u can't get a strike while wearing gloves.

R
RunWithSasquatch
rippin fish lips said:
IMO, no glove it if u can't get a strike while wearing gloves.

Are you telling me we need to bottle your palm sweat?

PRO CURE
rippin fish lips
PURE PALM OIL

D
DYJ
I forget to use em more then I remember...

A
alseaalumaweld
no glove no love!

V
vanbrunt
A
alseaalumaweld
its true in more ways then one!

D
Drew9870
I don't ever use gloves, I am a nail biter, so it never hurts to save a little flavor for later :lol:. Always forget to bring gloves, I just use gravel, moss, and boulders as a rag.

A
alseaalumaweld
you get more love with the use of a glove

R
RunWithSasquatch
My hands are all 'cured'. Skin gets tight and my fingers get soar, and then my hands more or less "shed" from egg cures. Ill post how bad they get.