bigfootfish
I sure am.

BFF

M
metalfisher76
I`m gonna freak out!!

B
bigdog
Don't wait for the rain then. Get out there and to fishing, they are there you just need to work for them. Make sure to go to the spots where there isn't a lot people or pressure on the fish. There are a lot of fish in the system right now it's just all about how bad you want to get them and the time and work you are willing to put in to it.

A
autofisher
It's funny to me for two reasons. #1 Only Oregonians and fisherman would pray for rain. #2 We're so used to the rain just dumping on us continually this time of year that I think we're all in shock that it hasn't really happened this year.

M
metalfisher76
I know where they are. It`s where there not, yet that is sucking.

B
bigdog
metalfisher76 said:
I know where they are. It`s where there not, yet that is sucking.

I know where some are there is a good amount in my smoker right now. Thats the only reason I'm not out trying to get more the wife asked me when I was going to start smoking some fish and stop packing the freezer lol. Hell I bought the freezer just for a fish freezer so I told her I need to fil it lol. It's starting to get a good amount of eggs in it for spriners as well.

Irishrover
Irishrover
fish sprint

fish sprint

For the Sandy system rain would be a nice thing to see for the sake of the fish. Right now there are pleanty of fish in the system but they are haning out in the deep water holes. We need the rain to move the fish up river so the nonhatchery fish can do there thing, and the hatchery fish can get up to Cedar Creek.

I't been a while since I've seen the Sandy this low at this time of year. The water conditions make it a lot easier for us to wade from hole to hole, but that low water plays hell on the fish. Better conditions for the nonhachery fish, means better conditions for us fishermen in the long run. ODFW predicates our fishing based on the size those nonhatchery runs. While fishing the ocean this year I could see there were a ton of nonhatchery fish out there. One day we released 27 non fin clipped coho, now we need the rain on all these rivers to get those fish where they want to be. I know we don't controll the weather but my vote is for rain to help the fish so we will all be fishing in the future.;)

F
Fishydog
The wait is over!

The wait is over!

The rain just arrived and it looks like it's playing catchup. :D

J
jadedbat
Irishrover said:
For the Sandy system rain would be a nice thing to see for the sake of the fish. Right now there are pleanty of fish in the system but they are haning out in the deep water holes. We need the rain to move the fish up river so the nonhatchery fish can do there thing, and the hatchery fish can get up to Cedar Creek.

I't been a while since I've seen the Sandy this low at this time of year. The water conditions make it a lot easier for us to wade from hole to hole, but that low water plays hell on the fish. Better conditions for the nonhachery fish, means better conditions for us fishermen in the long run. ODFW predicates our fishing based on the size those nonhatchery runs. While fishing the ocean this year I could see there were a ton of nonhatchery fish out there. One day we released 27 non fin clipped coho, now we need the rain on all these rivers to get those fish where they want to be. I know we don't controll the weather but my vote is for rain to help the fish so we will all be fishing in the future.;)

Golden Post.

Irishrover
Irishrover
bigdog said:
I know where some are there is a good amount in my smoker right now. Thats the only reason I'm not out trying to get more the wife asked me when I was going to start smoking some fish and stop packing the freezer lol. Hell I bought the freezer just for a fish freezer so I told her I need to fil it lol. It's starting to get a good amount of eggs in it for spriners as well.
Sound like you might need anothere freezer. Then you can get into sturgeon fishing as well and fill one freezer with shad for sturgeon bait. Bait in the freezer always makes my wife happy (NOT):lol:

B
bigfootfish
Tualitin & Yamhill Rivers

Tualitin & Yamhill Rivers

Well. Lots of rain mostly west of I-5. The upper Tualitin and S. Yamhill came up each over a foot recently, dropped some and now are on the rise again. Hmmmmmm. The Cascade's just have not gotten much...yet. More wet systems on the way, hopefully. You can Coho fish up to Rock Creek on the S. Yamhill, then nada from that point upstream. Anyone been up that far yet? If so, seen anything?

BFF

Last edited:
B
bigdog
Irishrover said:
Sound like you might need anothere freezer. Then you can get into sturgeon fishing as well and fill one freezer with shad for sturgeon bait. Bait in the freezer always makes my wife happy (NOT):lol:

Yeah thats why I have them freezers just for my fish stuff.

Hey you were the same hole we were and that is the hole we have been doing good in. If you would have brought some eggs I'm willing to bet you would of got in to some fish. Are you a fly fisherman only guy?

Wish I would have known that was you before you decided to leave would have came over and BS for a little. I thought it might of been you but wasn't sure and didn't want to be yelling across the river "Hey are you Irishrover" Have tried that before with other names from the forum and got some really wierd looks :lol:

Irishrover
Irishrover
Yesterday was a fun day and I think I saw no less than six guys from OFF out there on the river. No I'm not strickly a fly fisherman. I fish just about every style. I just have not caught a fish on that spey rod yet and I'm forcing myself to stick with it until I do. We loaded the freezer with ocean salmon so I put the other gear away until I land a fish on that rod. I was going to come over but I have fished there before and knew there would not be room especially with that spey rod. I had a ball watching all those fish jump. I know what you mean about asking folks if they are so and so. You do get some funny responces. Next time I see you out there I'll wade over and BS. It is raining big time now out here in Sandy and if the river comes up it my be tuff geting down there.

F
FishKiller23
Irishrover said:
Yesterday was a fun day and I think I saw no less than six guys from OFF out there on the river. No I'm not strickly a fly fisherman. I fish just about every style. I just have not caught a fish on that spey rod yet and I'm forcing myself to stick with it until I do. We loaded the freezer with ocean salmon so I put the other gear away until I land a fish on that rod. I was going to come over but I have fished there before and knew there would not be room especially with that spey rod. I had a ball watching all those fish jump. I know what you mean about asking folks if they are so and so. You do get some funny responces. Next time I see you out there I'll wade over and BS. It is raining big time now out here in Sandy and if the river comes up it my be tuff geting down there.

Ah that was you... Good spot on that bobber floating down as well added it to my collection :).. Yeah it was already kinda hard to wade for me so I know after this rain I wont even be trying to.