time of day...

L
luv2fish
I believe the same....if you throw right stuff...you can catch'em any time of day....ppl argue with me all the time...for instance at rivermill dam...i see these pppl hogging the place at 4:30 or 5 in the morning...and by 8 that place doesn't havbe that much pressure and if you ask those anglers, they all say that its a game of early morning here....whereas i've hooked fish there even at noon ( its a different story that i was not able to reel it all the way to bank )

N
ninja2010
well, i guess it is the the general concensus that fish will bite at all times of the day... one just needs to change the presentation and lures depending on water temp.

i'm going back to bed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

F
fourgotten
ninja2010 said:
does it matter?

maybe i'm starting too late. when do you guys start wetting your lines?

i read of peeps hitting the water before daybreak and wait for the sun to peek through. is that ideal? first light? if so, why?

I like to get a start at the first legal time (30 minutes before official sunrise) because I know that anything that I throw will be the first thing that the fish see... and usually, I see most fish caught withing an hour of sunrise... but that doesn't mean much... 'cause I haven't been landing anything. :D

F
fourgotten
JeannaJigs said:
I'm thinking of waking up early to go fish at daybreak on thursday hahaha. I probably won't. It's the first day off during the week since I don't know when. I did indeed ponder the whole idea though. That counts right?

Oh, c'mon! It'll be fun!!! Especially since daybreak is at, like, 7:30 these days... *grin*

I'll be the one out there filling out my tag and having a cup of coffee when you drive in... *evilgrin*

J
JeannaJigs
Might be at 07:30 but my brain still thinks it's 06:30, and my body doesn't want to come out of it's comatose state that early. This week has been horrible. Daylight savings time is such a scam.

N
ninja2010
you'll earn back the lost time come fall... don't sweat it.