Tillamook Bay / Willamette River....

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
Hey guys,

Any updates or new on Tillamook Bay? Thought about taking the boat there this sunday. Also curious about the Willamette River near Meldrum Bar. Anything going on in either of these places for Salmon? I will be trolling as over the last few months I have not become as big a fan of anchor fishing. I like the odds of trolling far better than being 1 inch too far one way or the other and missing every fish that passes you.

Cheers,

Chris

S
sapo
I've been hearing good things about Tillamook lately.

B
Big3d
I was banking it in Garibaldi a few days ago and I could see a couple nets come out, couldn't see them well enough to tell what happened next, but usually that means fish. I would say tillamook is worth a go.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I heard this week that fishing has really heated up at Tillamook Bay, Siltez, Alsea, Yaquina, and sounds like it is super hot down at Winchester Bay and on the Umpqua...

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
Thanks guys! Headed to Tillamook Sunday morning! So I take it nothing happening on the Willamette, closer to home for me?

Cheers,

Chris

S
sapo
Willamette falls fish counts are lagging behind what they usually are, it's warmer than usual I would assume..probably not too much going on.

Or hit Nehalem! Heard a few good reports from there lately. I'll be at Nehalem Sunday morning lol.

F
fishsauce
My buddy reported that their group got limits in the ocean outside Tillamook last week. Fishing should be good in the bay anytime now.

T
troutmasta
MrGrumpFish said:
Thanks guys! Headed to Tillamook Sunday morning!
Chris
Well?.?

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
No go. A buddy of mine no showed. I know....... Ended up at Hagg Lake and killed trout with my daughter. She caught 4 to my 1 and 2 misses!

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
MrGrumpFish said:
No go. A buddy of mine no showed. I know....... Ended up at Hagg Lake and killed trout with my daughter. She caught 4 to my 1 and 2 misses!

Hard to beat a day like that!

J
Jordy
sapo said:
Willamette falls fish counts are lagging behind what they usually are, it's warmer than usual I would assume..probably not too much going on.

Or hit Nehalem! Heard a few good reports from there lately. I'll be at Nehalem Sunday morning lol.
Lagging is the nice way to put it...

I just had a look at the counts. Last year we had 10k fish passage with a low being 4.5k fish for the last 4 years (to date).

697 fish over the falls. Its officially what i would consider a state of emergency.

Note: commercials are having a banner season...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

S
SmallStreams
Jordy said:
Lagging is the nice way to put it...

I just had a look at the counts. Last year we had 10k fish passage with a low being 4.5k fish for the last 4 years (to date).

697 fish over the falls. Its officially what i would consider a state of emergency.

Note: commercials are having a banner season...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

As late as the rains have been, 2013 might be the best comparison? The other years had earlier rains as I recall.

S
SmallStreams
And wouldn't it be true that if they're not going over the falls, then they're likely stacking up below the falls?

M
Modest_Man
No, the fish just aren't there.

O
OnTheDrop
Yeah, go to the mouth of Clackamas where it meets the Willamette. There should be hundreds jumping up and down the river.... Instead, you see an occasional roll.

S
sapo
Ya, I looked a few weeks ago and I was like "wow, the fish counts are really behind" and they still are.

At this point last year and the year before, thousands and thousands of coho had passed over the falls. Still in the hundreds so far..however the fall chinook counts are actually ahead of the counts last year (almost to 2,000 so far), and the year before.

That being said, I've been hearing good coho reports from the Clack and they're definitely in the Sandy.