Thurs 3 /18 JCP

N
netdog06
Got there way to early, was excited to go fishing and forgot about d.s.t.. And it was cold about 32 degrees. Anyway fished from light on to 12 noon, got a bite about 8:00. Never got a bite until the surface temp got around 50 degree. Caught two fish and think I was the only one to get two fish, at least the time I was there, the water temp was still rising when I had to leave. I bought a non contact infared themometer, after seeing the one Ron had. Have had a lot of fun with it.

H
Hooked on fishin'
The bite has been really bad there this week, even the day they stocked there was not much action. By now the Cormorants have eaten a lot of the fish. Hopefully the action will improve by April when they start stocking it again. Last season it was much better fishing there this time of year.

H
Hooked on fishin'
netdog06 said:
Got there way to early, was excited to go fishing and forgot about d.s.t.. And it was cold about 32 degrees. Anyway fished from light on to 12 noon, got a bite about 8:00. Never got a bite until the surface temp got around 50 degree. Caught two fish and think I was the only one to get two fish, at least the time I was there, the water temp was still rising when I had to leave. I bought a non contact infared themometer, after seeing the one Ron had. Have had a lot of fun with it.

Where did you get that? ?I have been meaning to ask Ron, but I keep forgetting. Whenever I see him we are fishing, and thats all I think about. /i would like to pick one up if they are not too spendy...

N
netdog06
I got it at Harbor freight for 29.00. don't know how accurate they are but it is fun to see that everything has a temrature!

B
beaverfan
Glad you had a good time! Wait you didn't realize about daylight savings time almost a week into it? That's crazy, i've heard of a day or 2 without realizing it but 5 days in? That must be some kinda record or something.