The mouth of the Rogue was crowded this morning...

troutdude
troutdude
1691604665199.jpeg

Reactions: bass
John3
John3
. . . I have no use for Combat Fishing . . . but maybe it is just me.

Reactions: plumbertom
bass
bass
Wow!

troutdude
troutdude
John3 said:
. . . I have no use for Combat Fishing . . . but maybe it is just me.
Me neither man. Not my bag.

G
Gulfstream
Total $hit show

• Haha
Reactions: troutdude
jamisonace
jamisonace
That's a good time right there.

• Wow
Bo Peep
Bo Peep
This is the very reason you will never see my boat in that bay, way to stressful and not worth it. I will catch fish somewhere else.

jamisonace
jamisonace
The real problem with this photo is why all those boats are there. No other river within a reasonable distance of Gold Beach is fishing nearly as well. In the past I could have taken similar photos on the Siuslaw and Umpqua. I don't really mind it too much and I've caught fish on all three of those rivers in those situations. In fact, I would say the Umpqua and North Umpqua are worse around Roseburg for Springers and Winter Steelhead even though there (usually) are less boats, we're all trying to fish a much smaller area and often I'm getting to the ramp around 1 or 2 am to make sure I get the spot I want.

John3
John3
I blew the picture to max enlargement . . . and there at least 76 boats pictured . . .

( no comment is necessary ! )

Reactions: jamisonace
jamisonace
jamisonace
John3 said:
I blew the picture to max enlargement . . . and there at least 76 boats pictured . . .

( no comment is necessary ! )
And there are at least another 50 upstream of the photo. That small bay will easily see 100 to 150 boats in a day.

O
Oregunner
I’d go just to watch the entertainment at the boat ramp.

Chromatose
Chromatose
Oregunner said:

The comedy is well worth the drive........................Take Popcorn or Pistachios.................(y)

Reactions: flylooper, Grant22 and jamisonace
jamisonace
jamisonace
Oregunner said:
Speaking of.....we got there for the evening bite on a Friday night. There were only two boats pulling out and 2 boats putting in, I was one of them putting in. First boat pulls out no problem but the second boat is taking forever. The guy in front of me gets impatient and yells down "What are you doing?!!! Baking a cake?!!!

Now my buddy and I always use that line whenever one of us is taking too long.

Reactions: Oregunner
O
Oregunner
We were duck hunting at K Falls a number of years ago, and were settling in before dawn. There was another group somewhere out in the dark, and he was having problems with his dog, and cursing up a storm. During a break in the tyrade, my buddy called out, “you really shouldn’t talk to wife like that!”
Silence ensued.

• Haha
Reactions: FairweatherFisher, jamisonace and Vintageflyguy
FairweatherFisher
FairweatherFisher
But why? What’re they all chasing?

John3
John3
FairweatherFisher said:
. . . each other . . .

• Haha
Reactions: FairweatherFisher, troutdude and Admin
Markk
Markk
been there done that...not for me

F
fishupperwilly
Sal
FairweatherFisher said:
Salmon

hobster
hobster
IMG_3879.jpeg

This was yesterday. Spent some time down south with the family for a couple of days. Still super crowded on that river. We counted 70 boats from the bridge to the mouth of the Rogue. It rained from Gold Beach up to Florence and then from Florence to Eugene today, what a beautiful sight!

N
njb51
I was in gold beach for a labor day wedding and there were no boats there. Nice area