The legalities

Status
Not open for further replies.
N
nwkiller
is it legal in the state of oregon to "chum" for carp, as in opening your can of corn and dumping the juices right in front of you in the water?? i am under the impression tha you can catch carp by any means....please let me know, ive done it not knowing.........

N
nwkiller
Brokenrod please dont call the police on me for this one, it was a mistake....lol...Sorry BR just doin my job....messin with people:cool:

O
Outdoor_Myers
Is it chumming if the can rolls over and into the water on accident lol

O
OnTheFly
Outdoor_Myers said:

You mean purposely on accident?

troutdude
troutdude
Outdoor_Myers said:

Good one Mr. Myers...ROTFL!!!

troutdude
troutdude
OnTheFly said:
You mean purposely on accident?

Or, do you mean accidentally on purpose?

G
GDBrown
troutdude said:
Or, do you mean accidentally on purpose?

Is there a difference? Just have a fly rod on the bank with you then you know it was an accident.

H
halibuthitman
Outdoor_Myers said:
no, thats littering, and if the river runs along a highway....its $500 bucks, chumming is probably a $90-$150 bucks, cheaper law to break...

T
TTFishon
It's considered chumming and chumming is illegal. What's funny though is you can throw a whole loaf of bread in the water to feed the ducks. There's your loop hole.:rolleyes:

M
metalfisher76
Go Ducks! ha

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:naughty: :naughty:

M
metalfisher76
T
Thuggin4Life
As long as you make an honest effort to feed the ducks before carping you should be fine. just make sure that there are ducks around. but then there wouldn't be any bread left so it defeats the purpose.

F
fishnquest
I love your new signature HH. That movie was under the radar funny. That indian is hilarious. I laugh more every time I see it.
Chumming bad. There. I didn't hijack the thread.

T
Thuggin4Life
fishnquest said:
I love your new signature HH. That movie was under the radar funny. That indian is hilarious. I laugh more every time I see it.
Chumming bad. There. I didn't hijack the thread.

That was a good movie and a good book with a sequal to it.

D
Drew9870
What 'THEY' don't know won't hurt them.

I tend to 'feed the ducks' lots of bread and sinking particles while Carp fishing, I even like to wrap 3 slices of bread with corn sandwiched in the middle of all slices around my 3oz lead so it explodes on impact with the water, that way the ducks swarm my bait.

Oh, and remember, I only condoned feeding the ducks.

Anyone on this forum will tell you not to do it, but I can sure as hell tell you I wouldn't pour the juice on the bank. If you fish with no chum for Carp in an area you can't see them, chances are you will only catch 0-2. Chumming is illegal because people would no doubt take it too far and throw random crap in the water which could either kill the fish or rot and drive the fish out, if I throw anything ''to the ducks'' its gonna be cleaned up by the next morning, Trout, Suckers, Squaws, and Carp like (and benefit from) the baits I and a lot of Carp fishers use.

Last edited:
N
nwkiller
thanks guys and girls

B
BlackBass
I can't understand why it would be against the law to chum for a non game fish. You can spear them snag them but you can't throw in a can of corn for them? Give me a break. I say toss the can of corn in the water and forgetaboutit. :)

T
TTFishon
Thuggin4Life said:
As long as you make an honest effort to feed the ducks before carping you should be fine. just make sure that there are ducks around. but then there wouldn't be any bread left so it defeats the purpose.

Unless you throw rocks at the ducks to keep them at bay.:lol:

C
chris61182
BlackBass said:
I can't understand why it would be against the law to chum for a non game fish. You can spear them snag them but you can't throw in a can of corn for them? Give me a break. I say toss the can of corn in the water and forgetaboutit. :)

Maybe because pollution and water quality affects more than just the non-game fish you were targeting with the chum? :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.