Taofishdudes first Oregon Chrome

F
Fish-N-Chips
I had the pleasure of fishing with a fish biologist that works for bonneville today. He said he wanted to know the Wilson river so I took him to a hole and he laced into a nice chromer. Being a Montana transplant he was used to the fly way of life , but wanted to check out some other style. Although the fish went back into the drink both of us were satisfied that was a definite bobber down and fish on!!!! A first time for him with bobber and jig and first time on that river:clap: Way to go bro!!! Look forward to many more trips to the many rivers and tribs Oregon has to OFFER
]

Last edited:
I
idahojeff
Cool camera angle with that under water shot! Oh yea, nice fish too!

F
Fish-N-Chips
notice all the caddis fly larvae on the rocks? Apparently cut throats love them and this guy we ran into said that's all he uses so he never has to buy bait. He just drifts them using pencil lead and really small hooks. Just break them in half and pull out the little larvae:D cool huh?

M
Modest_Man
Blackjack hole? I fished that damn hole a good 10-12 times this winter and never got a fish. Hell, never got a fish on the Wilson at all. Had two hookups and broke off both. And you get him into a fish first time. It's just not fair!

M
metalfisher76
Modest_Man said:
Blackjack hole? I fished that damn hole a good 10-12 times this winter and never got a fish. Hell, never got a fish on the Wilson at all. Had two hookups and broke off both. And you get him into a fish first time. It's just not fair!

...but cool! :)

F
Fish-N-Chips
Modest_Man said:

If you modestly take me there some time I'll modestly show you some nice spots and I might be able to get you turned on to some modest feeshes. Coho and nooks start showing up next month so maybe we can hit it up(= Lemme know because I will not have a drivers license for one year)=

M
Modest_Man
I'm in. I'll shoot you a pm. Nice fish by the way, I liked the underwater action. Forgot to mention that last night.

N
NWFisher1
Cool Vid, What kind of camera are you using?

H
halibuthitman
metalfisher76 said:
...but cool! :)
and a little funny.. but just a little, I wonder how the other 89,000,000,000 guys who fish the black jack hole did last year?