Tanner Creek Summers

O
osmosis
6ozs has worked every day I've been up there this year. a couple days we could use as little as 3ozs. If you're fishing in the correct current seam you shouldnt need more than that unless bonnie is pumping a serious amount of water.

About the tail - It's gillnet damage! kidding, its just that the fish was laying on something in the back of the suv and it left the mark.

T
Troutier Bassier
Probally Not.
How do I cast such a Heavy Wieght without Snapping my rod?

F
FishSchooler
osmosis said:
6ozs has worked every day I've been up there this year. a couple days we could use as little as 3ozs. If you're fishing in the correct current seam you shouldnt need more than that unless bonnie is pumping a serious amount of water.

About the tail - It's gillnet damage! kidding, its just that the fish was laying on something in the back of the suv and it left the mark.

I think it was pumping water when I was there. In your trip with youngbuck, that water was about 3-4 feet higher. People had to move their rod holders about 4 times. It was the first seam, closest to the bank, that I was fishing. I am still a little hesitant about casting 8 oz with an air im7, rated to cast up to 3 oz.

Troutier-When "casting" with big weights, it's not really casting. You just bring up your rod at a slow speed, and let the weight and the rod do the work.

F
FishKiller23
Troutier Bassier said:
Probally Not.
How do I cast such a Heavy Wieght without Snapping my rod?

Well you gotta make sure your rod can handle that much weight first ;)
I tried late in the day once and where I was casting was the only spot left and 8 OZ were not holding. But every one else in most spots were holding just fine with 6 OZ.

Oh and osmo I need a fishing lesson we should hit the water some time

:p

T
Troutier Bassier
You think 5oz will work?

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
You think 5oz will work?

2 oz stuck for me once, but if you use such light ones, try to get it snagged.

I think for now on, Im going to use rocks. Those big weights are expensive (here)! Might as well buy a spinner! And if you pull the line hard, the line will just slip off the rock.

F
Fishtopher
You dog! Nice fish! Man, I need to get out of my house.....

F
Fishtopher
Dude, is that your backyard? Sweet little spot ya got!