Surgical tubing, Slinky's, or Pencil lead??

F
FishSchooler
here2fish said:
yahhhh......but when your weight is on your main line a hang up means retying your whole rig...

If your hollow core is on your mainline, you're doing the same thing, unless you are talking about # of snags. :think: Sorry if Im misunderstanding.

H
here2fish
FishSchooler said:
If your hollow core is on your mainline, you're doing the same thing, unless you are talking about # of snags. :think: Sorry if Im misunderstanding.

hollow core is not typically attached directly to the main line but instead off of its own small piece of line attached to the same side of the swivel as the main line.

M
Mike123
here2fish said:
hollow core is not typically attached directly to the main line but instead off of its own small piece of line attached to the same side of the swivel as the main line.

Uhm do you mean the tag end of your knot????

H
here2fish
Mike123 said:
Uhm do you mean the tag end of your knot????

here, hope this helps.

You could do it off the tag of your main line but I prefer to tie a piece of line on just for the weight.

Last edited:
M
Mike123
here2fish said:
here, hope this helps.

You could do it off the tag of your main line but I prefer to tie a piece of line on just for the weight.

Oh ya I tie it to my tag end.. but your idea is better. Less chance of putting stress on your mainline knot. Kinda like a little dropper. You can crimp split shot to that too. If it snags it will pull OFF.

Y
youngbuck307
hey one thing is if you run split or if u run it some times why wouldnt u run that on a tag instead of your main line???? would be just like hollow core... they kinda are the same except with split shot you have to add for the more waight you need same as hallow if you need more waight you just make it longer...... it is a lil hard to get small small chunks off for when the water is low but thats when i go from 1\4 to a 1\8..... just my thoughts

M
Mad dog
I have used slinkys, pencil lead and shot over 30 years of steelhead fishing and for me it is slinkys hands down. I prefer the way they feel on the bottom as opposed to soft pencil lead, pencil lead feels grabbier in the rocks, you gotta have pliers handy, once it's crimped on it is more difficult to change. And surgical tubing....probably haven't done that since the 80's! :D

F
FishSchooler
Split shot will do the exact same thing as hollow core I think

Y
youngbuck307
what i thought too...