Sunriver/Central Oregon Trip

J
jkeek9
Im heading to stay in sunriver for about two weeks and will be doing a lot of fishing nearby or within an hour or so. i plan to fish east, lava, the deschutes, and maybe some other cascade lakes. what has been hot, does anyone know? ill be sure to take some pics if i can from the trip. can't wait

B
Boywhofishes
welcome to OFF i don't really know the area, sorry

Troutski
Big Lava...

Big Lava...

You can't miss with this lake...also North and South Twin lakes are great for Trout, easy to bank fish if you don't have a boat and the fishing has been great this year. If you have a boat or some sort of floating device your luck will increase ten fold, Crane has some giant Brookies along the south shore line, don't forget a few dozen night crawlers....and a bobber setup. Tight lines and post some pictures.

Chuck

J
jkeek9
well i didn't do nearly as much fishing as i want to but instaed decided to hang with the family more. these are the places i went to and the luck...or no luck i had ha...

deschutes river (sunriver area)- two small brown on blue foxs casted near the weedline

elk lake (twice)- several small kokanee on panther martins and buzz bombs on the south end of the lake about 45' down

todd lake- beautiful lake...caught a lot of decent size (12") brooks on panther martins and kastmasters

sorry i dont have pics

18406ej
At least you got to spend time with the family. Sorry you didn't get pics- it is a beautiful area.

Troutski
Family time...

Family time...

Family time is worth a great deal more than fishing time...glad you got to get out and release some fish. The pictures are in your memories, and won't be accidentally erased.. :shock: Central Oregon is a great place to just hang and camp...

Chuck