Sun. AM

S
starion87le
Anyone up for a Sunday morning outing? Gonna hit the clack...think I'll hit a few spots. If you're interested, PM me.

P
plunkme
let us know how it goes

S
starion87le
Heading out here shortly! Ninja2010 and myself will be there for a couple hours, maybe longer if the activity is good.

Hopefully we'll be doin some skunk slayin!:dance:

R
Rascal
Is the skunk still alive

S
starion87le
Most definitely....:(

Try as we might, spent 4 hours down there on Sun. AM, then went to McIver..another hour or so...didn't see one fish caught. Somebody caught one before we got to McIver, but nothing after we showed up...:think:

Back at it Tuesday evening. No idea where I'm going yet though. I'm thinking new place...

R
Rascal
Well i was thinkin of heading up tuesday night or wed morning myself where do u think you'll be goin

S
starion87le
I have not figured out a spot yet, but I'm interested in finding new places to fish. Any ideas?

R
Rascal
Well fariday has a lot of fish but crowded i really dont know any other good spots in the area. i havnt seeen any fish at mciver in awhile but hey there should be some there

C
Cracker
starion87le said:
I have not figured out a spot yet, but I'm interested in finding new places to fish. Any ideas?

I would start concentrating on the lower river. Silvers are already in the system and more are on the way. Leave Dog Creek and Cazadero to the knuckle draggers and go do some real fishing.
Plenty of access from the mouth to the 205 bridge. The Clackamas River Drive stretch has plenty of access. Upper Riverside Park can be good at times. Barton has tons of water upstream and downstream of the bridge.
There is a lot of Metro land that borders the river also.

Last edited:
R
Rascal
I would but i really dont have a salmon pole at the time and dont want to invest in one at the moment so im probably goin to hang with the knuckle draggers in the last of the steelhead holes

C
Cracker
Rascal said:
I would but i really dont have a salmon pole at the time and dont want to invest in one at the moment so im probably goin to hang with the knuckle draggers in the last of the steelhead holes[/QUOTE

If you have a Steelhead rod, it should work just fine for Coho.

R
Rascal
well i got a spinning set up that can take 12lb line if u think that can handle coho then i might just try for some

C
Cracker
What length? If it is a 6# to 12# medium action you should be good.

R
Rascal
its 8 and a half feet and i guess its a number 8 so yea i think it will work thanks for the advice

C
Cracker
You bet! Try fishing the faster water, drifting eggs or tossing spinners. I have had great luck so far for jacks useing a nightmare jig tipped with some raw prawn meat.