Suggestions for oversize sturgeon guide

T
toygun1
My son and I are considering a trip to Portland to try for a monster sturgeon or three. Can someone suggest a reputible guide? Also when is our best chance?
Thanks for the help.

Took our trip with Marvin today. What a blast!!! Ended the day with 4 oversize 7-9.5 foot long. 1 keeper size and two between 2 and 3'. Lost one oversize (probably a rookie mistake.) Several other bites.
What a fun day on the river. If it wasn't so far from home, we'd have to do this again.

Thanks to all that recommended Marvin. Nice guy and he knows where to find the fish and how to catch them.

Terry

W
waco
Marvin's guide service!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Casting Call
Casting Call
What they said. Ditto!

bass
bass
I have not used Marvin but I had the pleasure of meeting him last night at his seminar. I would have to say that his knowledge is impressive and his personality is great. I think he would put you on the fish you want and you would have a great time while you were catching them. Just seems like a great guy all the way around.

M
minnowmagnet
I have done an oversized trip with Marvin and my arm was really sore the next day.

T
toygun1
It was a good sore though, right? Did you do a full day? Multiple fish? Some big some small?

Sorry for all the questions. I just don't know anything about this fishery. We live near Lake Michigan with a couple dozen Salmon Charter boats in town. There are a few guys that are always busy and do a good job getting into the fish. That's the guy I'm looking for.

Thanks to all that replied. I'll get a call in to Marvin.
Terry

M
minnowmagnet
toygun, if I'm not mistaken, your best chance is after the shad run in late July. We caught a couple of 8 footers when I went out with Marvin. Be ready, because if you don't bite the head off of the shad you are fishing with, you won't catch a thing.

R
rainORsnow1
I agree. Best time to fish for the big guys. I go out at this time and catch shad until I'm sick, strap on a whole one and hold on. I caught two 8' last year with many smaller guys. Nice thing is only the big ones can eat a whole shad

M
Marvin's Guide Service
Thanks guys for all the good reply's about me, I really appreciate it. I have toygun1 in my books for June. I look forward to fishing with him and his son.
Thanks again guys.