Successful recon mission

A
adambomb
With the beautiful weather yesterday I took the opportunity to explore a couple small mountain lakes. What was supposed to be a 3 mile round trip, turned out to be over 6 miles, but I found the lakes nonetheless. I only saw one fish rise in the 90 minutes that I fished. A few more weeks and these two little lakes should produce nicely. My dog discovered that she can't walk on duck weed!!

Last edited by a moderator:
B
bigsteel
greal lookin pieces of water...looks ike a good day for the dog to get wet.....6 miles i would be keelled over int he bushes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nice pics

T
Throbbit _Shane
Im curious, what are the names of the lakes?

Cool pictures

A
adambomb
I have chosen to keep the names of these lakes a mystery because I did come across some private property signs, although I suspect that they are on weyerhauser land, I don't want anybody getting in trouble on my behalf. As soon as I verify the property ownership I will reveal their names.

G
Growbug
Adam, if these are the lakes that i believe they are, then yes, they sit inside the tree farm you mentioned. When i pop up this week, i will check the property marker signs against the list of contractors that Weyerhauser use..... erm.. i can pop into the local office (the one you pass just before hitting dickie prairie)

A
adambomb

The signs defenitly look like they were made by a company VS bought at the store by a landowner. I contacted the rep for that tree farm and asked him about getting a detailed map of the area and he told me that I could purchase one for 15 bucks at their office down by albany. I have often wanted to stop by their office in dickey prairie, but it never looks like anybody is there when I go by

H
Hawk
Beautiful pics & forest/lake Bro.

:clap::clap::clap:

S
skunk
Nice job, I love a little hike before some great fishing. Hope they produce for you later.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice looking little lakes. Good weather to go for a hike with the dog.

troutdude
I'll bet that your pooch no longer has any fondness towards duck weed!

A
adambomb
I'll bet that your pooch no longer has any fondness towards duck weed!

That little dog hates everything about water!! Its hard enough getting her to go out in the rain.

C
Caveman
Nothing is much better than enjoying the solitude of fishing slittle emi-secret mountain lakes!

A
adambomb
Private property

Private property

These lakes are Corbia and Pelkey lake and they are NOT on weyerhauser or BLM land. They are clearly posted and patrolled sorry

G
Growbug
There are monitoring systems at one of the lakes due to numerous counts of vandalism and reported homeless camps.

Its amazing.. we find a nice little lake and go through all the polite channels to ask permission only to find someone else has already screwed up access.