Success of a different sort

S
skunk
Made it our on the lower clack this afternoon. Water was up, rather muddy, but flow was good. I finally got my float and jig system worked out a bit. Got a new Okuma SST 10'6 rod and man that makes a difference on getting the 1/8"th jig setup to work right. The longer rod works wonders for me. Can't wait to figure out where those fishies are now and get to catching!!!

C
Cohosanders

Go up river to McIver or that surrounding area.

J
jathrtn
Okuma sst!

Okuma sst!

I ALSO HAVE AN OKUMA SST, BUT AN 8FT ER. WORKS GOOD THOUGH/WITH 15LB BRAIDED LINE. I CAN CAST NEARLY ACROSS ANY PART OF THE CLACK UP BY MCIVER, WHERE DOG CREEK IS. U CAN ALSO TRY TO FISH THE MOUTH OF THE CLACK WERE EAGLE CREEK MEETS THE RIVER. PARK @ BONNIE LURE PARK AND HIKE DOWN STREAM TO THE MOUTH OF THE CLACK! MAKE SURE TO BRING UR WADERS!

B
beaverfan
Just to clarify the above post the mouth of the Clack is in Oregon City, what you're describing is the mouth of Eagle Creek.

J
jathrtn
That what i meant!

That what i meant!

Just to clarify the above post the mouth of the Clack is in Oregon City, what you're describing is the mouth of Eagle Creek.

YES SIR THAT IS WHAT I MEANT, TO FOLLOW EAGLE CREEK DOWN TO THE MOUTH. I THINK IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN CONFUSING THE WAY I WORDED IT, BUT I KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKIN ABOUT! LOL!

S
skunk
I'll try up there this saturday. Tonight the river looked like it might have peaked if the rain stays light. Not quite a muddy looking as yesterday, but still not much visibility. I have been down just below high rocks at about 4-5pm and there is a cool fog that rolls up the river about then. Its nice and peaceful, even though the river is high. Today a bufflehead floated by as I was casting. A cormorant flew by real low. It is just nice to be near the water.