Stream fishing and lake fishing

C
ceeyahd1
Moved to Eugene last June and just starting to get back to doing some stream trout fishing but clueless to where to go. What roads outside eugene have streams running by them where you can pull over and fish for trout? Willing to drive up to an hour outside eugene. Also looking to do some bass and pan fishing, what are some decent lakes to go to? Went to Dexter reservoir last weekend and got skunked!
Thanks in advance

D
DG1959
Fern ridge reservoir for a variety.

F
frontierhistorian
If you're in Eugene, definitely check out the MacKenzie and the middle fork of the Willamette.

Reactions: Fish_bot9000
F
flylooper
ceeyahd1 said:
Moved to Eugene last June and just starting to get back to doing some stream trout fishing but clueless to where to go. What roads outside eugene have streams running by them where you can pull over and fish for trout? Willing to drive up to an hour outside eugene. Also looking to do some bass and pan fishing, what are some decent lakes to go to? Went to Dexter reservoir last weekend and got skunked!
Thanks in advance
As a former Californian now turned Oregonian, I really resent all these new arrivals coming in and scarfing up all the fishing in the state.

Go back home Ceeyahd1! [I kid! I kid!] Seriously, it's hard to find places where there aren't fish of some kind. Invest in a boat.

Bank fishing is sort of problematic because most river front property is privately owned and inaccessible. Roadside pullovers are scarce, for sure, but they are there. With a boat you can fish the whole river.

O
olshiftybiscuits
flylooper said:
As a former Californian now turned Oregonian, I really resent all these new arrivals coming in and scarfing up all the fishing in the state.

Go back home Ceeyahd1! [I kid! I kid!] Seriously, it's hard to find places where there aren't fish of some kind. Invest in a boat.

Bank fishing is sort of problematic because most river front property is privately owned and inaccessible. Roadside pullovers are scarce, for sure, but they are there. With a boat you can fish the whole river.

There’s a lot of bank access in the greater Eugene area. The McKenzie has a lot of private property, but it’s not a bank fishery anyway. Its tribs and nearly the entire Middle Fork Willamette system are very accessible on foot and flow largely through public land.

O
olshiftybiscuits
ceeyahd1 said:
Thanks in advance
Don’t sleep on the wild cutthroat streams west of Eugene, especially the coastal streams around Florence. Might be 10-15 mins further than an hour, but well worth your while.

F
flylooper
ceeyahd1 said:
Thanks in advance
There's terrific summertime smallmouth bass fishing on the mainstem Umpqua in the Elkton area. I go to Big K ranch once every August and it's great fun. Bring sun block!