Stocking fish

J
Joeh11
Does anyone know if they have stocked or will stock Timber linn lake in Albany. My cousin is out from Arkansas on a job in Albany and i would like to take him fishing there.

J
Joeh11
Did that but its not always acurate

M
Misstami76
Look at the Recreation report, updates are usually shown there

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
Yeah it's scheduled for sometime this week. The only way to know is to go. There used to be a number to call for confirmation. But I just double checked and ODFW no longer confirms any stockings at all.

Misstammi76's suggestion to check the rec report is a solid idea. However that still does not confirm any stocking--it only affirms that a place is on the schedule. Any number of circumstances, these days, can cancel any stocking without notice. Also...the rec report has not yet been updated for this week.

I'd suggest going out mid day tomorrow and see if you get any bites. If not, try again on Friday.

J
Joeh11
Thanks for the help!I will be trying it sunday!

troutdude
troutdude
@Joeh11 I stopped by there yesterday before sunset, for about 15 minutes. I saw 3 dinks get caught while I was there. Between about 16 rods. So it MAY have been stocked. But I wouldn't swear to that.

P.S. If was stocked yesterday--or gets stocked today--it could likely be all fished out by Sunday. But you could get a few if it doesn't get stocked until tomorrow.

J
Joeh11
Odfw are so full of it this year on stocking schedual, been to several supposedly stocked ponds and no bites or anyone catching fish

S
Snopro
WDFW presents stocking info in a much more usable manner. I think ODFW is intentionally vague.

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
Joeh11 said:
Odfw are so full of it this year on stocking schedual, been to several supposedly stocked ponds and no bites or anyone catching fish
Same here. Went the week after the supposed stocking week and there were no fish to be seen. Heard that from several different people. My son was disappointed…

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Is ODFW stocking or is it roaring river?

Subtle changes in where exactly the fish are dumped could have major affects.

In my opinion, the water is colder than average, and the random rain and water level fluctuations definitely don't help

Casting Call
Casting Call
O. mykiss said:
Same here. Went the week after the supposed stocking week and there were no fish to be seen. Heard that from several different people. My son was disappointed…
Young, stocked fish (pellet heads) will go in schools where the food is. Tony

Diehard
Diehard
They dont give out this info on purpose they dont want people crowding together 👎

J
Joeh11
Diehard said:
They dont give out this info on purpose they dont want people crowding together 👎
So they make up a fake stocking schedual and get a crowd and no fish

Diehard
Diehard
Joeh11 said:
So they make up a fake stocking schedual and get a crowd and no fish
Pretty much I think the only use for the stocking schedule these days is to get an idea of the amount of fish going in the water body when they do stock it as for my earlier comment that is what the trout stocking hotline says when you call good luck out there I know it's a waste of time to drive some where a coke up empty handed hopefully this will change in the near future 👍