Stocker stalking @J. City Pond

troutdude
troutdude
Drove past the Junction City Pond twice today. First time, I only spotted 2 cars. Second time, about 4 rigs (hard to count at 60 mph). It was also POURING rain. I was surprised to see anyone out there. Even if I had the day OFF; I wouldn't go out in downpour. Yeesh!

M
Mattdm22
I'd fish it if I were closer considering the stocking it has received in the past of couple of months. Weather sucks but hey it's Oregon! Thanks for the report TD! I'lll be over there tomorrow catchin' what wasn't caught! Maybe..... :)

B
bran_man
troutdude said:
Drove past the Junction City Pond twice today. First time, I only spotted 2 cars. Second time, about 4 rigs (hard to count at 60 mph). It was also POURING rain. I was surprised to see anyone out there. Even if I had the day OFF; I wouldn't go out in downpour. Yeesh!

Ha ha yeah jcp has some "regulars" that are pretty much there all day everyday and plunking Powerbait for pelletheads is pretty much the only fishing they know. They're pretty hardcore though. They did start stocking it again and will be stocking it next week again I believe. That place is a zoo when it gets stocked

F
flipper
I live like a half-mile from that pond. I've fished it a few times, but like bran_man said... powerbait nobs.

B
bran_man
You will know when it is stocking week. Lot will be full overflowing at least 50 cars and the entire perimeter of the pond will be covered with people. I personally like to stick to rivers. That's cool though. If that's what people think fishing is and like it, who am I to judge. I admit I've gone a couple times It's a great place to take kids! I hooked/ helped my 2 year old (at the time) niece catch her very first fish there. Nice little 10" stocked pellethead . Her excitement and smiles was priceless

Last edited:
S
salmon_slayer87
I have been to jc ponds a few times (with my boys). I have to say...im not that impressed. Its a mud hole really. The old people there think their poo dont stink. I can't believe they actually think what they're doing is considered fishing. Crusty old guys. lol. I'd rather fight the crouds at Alton baker. nicer people...moving water lol. Nothing beats fishing the rivers...but my boys aren't quite old enough for that.
Good Luck everyone,
Dale