Stocker stalkin'

brandon4455
brandon4455
This morning me and berg03 picked drew up and took the tubes and toon out to walter wirth lake and threw buggers at trout. when we arrived there were a good 20 or 30 people.. almost like the salmon river jeez.. :lol: within five minutes i had already hooked up with a fish on one of the black buggers i tied and continued to hook and land fish on that fly most of the day. all 3 of us had good luck trolling and casting/retrieveing streamers,mainly flashy black buggers and small micro like jig flies that drew tied and a fly i came up with that worked very well for berg03. most of the fish were from 12-14 and a half inches but a few dinks were caught. the larger fish really put up a fight and one fish even suprised me and took my rod into the water. as i kicked over to it in the tube i realized it was fairly buoyant so i picked it up, stripped line in only to find out the fish was still on. it was the biggest for me of the day, around 14 inches. berg03 managed the biggest 14 1/2 inches. which is pretty good for an average stocker trout. between the 3 of us we landed a good 25-30 fish. drew brought some music with and we had some sodas. i even hooked a fish while eating my lunch an holding my rod at the same time. was a blast and wll be doing at again. also feeds my family and friends since i usually dont eat em (enless they are smoked) ps: drew cut all his hair off :shock: if anyone would like to meet us there whenever w do a trip id be glad to show anyone how i catch the fish an show them some flies. would have more pcis but i think my phone is done for due to waterdamage. he is burried in some white rice in hopes of drying out and working again.
 
Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
Nice....a friend and his family went there yesterday when they stocked it...all 4 of them limited out....I used to fish there but there is just something about too many people, snaggers, garbage, etc.......good job Brandon.
 
troutdude
troutdude
Eggscellant report! Looks like you'll be having fish for dinner (or your family will). I'll bet that youse guyz probably outfished the other peeps too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
Nice....a friend and his family went there yesterday when they stocked it...all 4 of them limited out....I used to fish there but there is just something about too many people, snaggers, garbage, etc.......good job Brandon.

yeah it's usually not my thing but it's nice to fish a lake every once in a while. there was garbage, no snaggers..lots o powerbait.. berg03 had a fish puke powerbat all over his toon. LOL and yes td, we did seem to be having more luck then a lot of people, one guy out there in his raft was doing just as good as us,using roostertails trolling.
 
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great report,Brandon! :clap: Sounds like The Three Amigos have WW dialed. :D I haven't been there in over a year, it was elbow to elbow that day. :doh:
 
M
Modest_Man
What happened to Drew's hair?
 
brandon4455
brandon4455
Modest_Man said:
What happened to Drew's hair?

i put nair in his shampoo. its just now growing back
 
brandon4455
brandon4455
Raincatcher said:
Great report,Brandon! :clap: Sounds like The Three Amigos have WW dialed. :D I haven't been there in over a year, it was elbow to elbow that day. :doh:

thanks barb. this was actually the first time ive fished wirth for trout. i just remembered all the stuff OnTheFly showed me at trillium and it worked darn good. so a big thanks to jim :clap:
 
M
Modest_Man
I bet you could have tied something up with it that would have caught fish...
 
B
Berg03
It was a blast, caught 2 of them on a small diving rapala while trolling with my 4' ultralight. That was a good fight :)
 
S
Spydeyrch
Nicely done there brandon and friends!! You guys did very well!!

-Spydey

P.S. Brandon, did you use the float tube? How did it work out?
 
D
Drew9870
Modest_Man said:
What happened to Drew's hair?

Lol, Willamette River water came in contact with it.

Brandon, it would have been perfectly alright with me for you to state that you and Brad completely whooped me on today's trip, I had to scope out both of your little travel lanes haha and try desperately for fish that are about the quality of a hotdog (if that), good ole Rainbow Carp pretty much :lol:, but those fish had an unusual amount of fight in them, like a little mini motor on the tubes lol.

Nice meeting you Brad, looking forward to the next trip out there, if we get lucky this time of year (very lucky), we'll stay dry.
 
D
Drew9870
Modest_Man said:
I bet you could have tied something up with it that would have caught fish...

DUDE, I totally wish that thought came across my mind, I'd have made sure I got some stockers on a flame red beaded Drew's Hair Nymph.

P.S. Those fish still need to be cleaned :lol:, MORE BAIT!
 
Last edited:
M
Muhak Mountain
cardboard fins - yikes!

cardboard fins - yikes!

Nice job on the stockers. I was the tall guy just finishing as you guys were putting in. One of you asked me if I had extra fins. I caught 8 (kept 5, all 12-14 inches) in 90 minutes, then had to take off for class. Did you take a picture of those cardboard fins. Those were awesome, although I problably would've gone over to Wal-mart to look for something a little less likely to disintegrate.
I have way too much time on my hands, and a 7 year old who's wanting some of the action, so I'll be out there a few times this fall. If he's in school, I'm in the tube. With him, it's on the bank with the other masses. Say hi if you see me again!
 
D
Drew9870
Muhak Mountain said:
Nice job on the stockers. I was the tall guy just finishing as you guys were putting in. One of you asked me if I had extra fins. I caught 8 (kept 5, all 12-14 inches) in 90 minutes, then had to take off for class. Did you take a picture of those cardboard fins. Those were awesome, although I problably would've gone over to Wal-mart to look for something a little less likely to disintegrate.
I have way too much time on my hands, and a 7 year old who's wanting some of the action, so I'll be out there a few times this fall. If he's in school, I'm in the tube. With him, it's on the bank with the other masses. Say hi if you see me again!

:lol:, you just had to bring up those fins didn't you, haha. They were actually made from the sheet acrylic stuff used for sign work, my dad has quite a bit of it laying around the shop, we had this trip planned and at the last moment (last night haha) I decided to saw up some fins so propulsion would be a possibility atleast :lol:. Had to wear Gore-Tex pants underneath my chest waders since they leak at the crotch, wasn't missin this trip.

My legs are pretty dang worn out, considering one of those fins broke, leaving me out there paddling around with a fin and a half :lol;, oh, in case anyone wondered, I tied them to the bottom of my stocking foot waders with a shoe lace, I drilled four holes in the fins just for that :D.
 
S
Sinkline
He who is a Beavers fan is my amigo! :lol:

Glad ya'll had a good time!

Be careful Brandon, you'll wind up a stillwater guy like me! :lol:


Randy
 
H
halibuthitman
Drew9870 said:
:lol:, you just had to bring up those fins didn't you, haha. They were actually made from the sheet acrylic stuff used for sign work, my dad has quite a bit of it laying around the shop, we had this trip planned and at the last moment (last night haha) I decided to saw up some fins so propulsion would be a possibility atleast :lol:. Had to wear Gore-Tex pants underneath my chest waders since they leak at the crotch, wasn't missin this trip.

My legs are pretty dang worn out, considering one of those fins broke, leaving me out there paddling around with a fin and a half :lol;, oh, in case anyone wondered, I tied them to the bottom of my stocking foot waders with a shoe lace, I drilled four holes in the fins just for that :D.

I have to admit... Im impressed..
 
brandon4455
brandon4455
Spydeyrch said:
Nicely done there brandon and friends!! You guys did very well!!

-Spydey

P.S. Brandon, did you use the float tube? How did it work out?

thanks bro. the tube worked perfect. really comfortable. thanks again for being a pal and letting me borrow it. and i agree with drew, those fish had an unusal amount of fight in them for some reason. a lot of them even fought for up to two minutes and a few went airborn which was fun to watch
 
brandon4455
brandon4455
Muhak Mountain said:
Nice job on the stockers. I was the tall guy just finishing as you guys were putting in. One of you asked me if I had extra fins. I caught 8 (kept 5, all 12-14 inches) in 90 minutes, then had to take off for class. Did you take a picture of those cardboard fins. Those were awesome, although I problably would've gone over to Wal-mart to look for something a little less likely to disintegrate.
I have way too much time on my hands, and a 7 year old who's wanting some of the action, so I'll be out there a few times this fall. If he's in school, I'm in the tube. With him, it's on the bank with the other masses. Say hi if you see me again!

right on dude! if you see us dont hsesitate to say hi and join the fun! we usually just troll in a line and cast etc and just sweep up all the fish LOL. we will possibly be there the day after it's stocked agai
 
S
Spydeyrch
When is it getting stocked again? I might be able to join you if it is a saturday. We will have to see. :D

-Spydey
 

Similar threads

B
Replies
24
Views
1K
mattsavage
M
F
Replies
9
Views
774
Fred
F
jamisonace
Replies
0
Views
324
jamisonace
jamisonace
S
Replies
1
Views
436
Casting Call
Casting Call
brandon4455
Replies
14
Views
1K
fucarewee
F
Top Bottom