Steelhead still being recycled

N
natro
Just a quick question. Do any of you still bother to still fish the McKenzie for steelhead this time of year? I called up to the hatchery and they said they are still recycling fish, and I got on the ODFW website and it said that there is still steelhead being caught below the hatchery. Kind of makes me want to go up there and try it out just for the heck of it. But, I was just curious if any of you have had any luck this time of year for steelhead there.

S
steelheadstalker31
It is getting pretty late in the year now, but I am sure you could catch a few steelhead up there, they would just not be in edible condition most likely. Still fun to catch though.

N
natro
When I called up there the guy on the phone said they recycled 75 fish last week, and 400 the week before. He said that the week before, when they recycled 400, that was the largest amount they had recycled this time of year since he's been there. From 400 to 75 is a big difference, i don't know if I'd be wasting my time going and trying it out.

T
Thuggin4Life
steelheadstalker31 said:
It is getting pretty late in the year now, but I am sure you could catch a few steelhead up there, they would just not be in edible condition most likely. Still fun to catch though.

You can catch steelhead around here just about any day of the year but basically what he said. the start looking like eels after they have been it the water. like the have been on jenny craig or something.

Troutski
Troutski
All year

All year

I picked up one of those recycled fish last year, very healthy fish.
That town run keeps getting better every year....like Andy said "you can catch steelhead around here just about any day of the year", so true; we have a summer run that last all year long:clap: .

Chuck