Steelhead South Umpqua

T
Team CF
Anyone know if they are up in the river yet? Its pretty blown right now but maybe after the water level goes down it will be good to go.

F
fishkiller
I drove it yesterday and it was pretty high-muddy.

T
Team CF
Yeah I live on it and its nasty right now. I am fairly new to the whole salmon/steelhead scene as far as fishing for them. I have worked with them but not really fished for them.

M
Mad dog
Team CF said:
Anyone know if they are up in the river yet? Its pretty blown right now but maybe after the water level goes down it will be good to go.

They are! I have confirmed reports of steelhead being caught before it went out. This week is looking pretty dry!

R
ReleaseYourFuture
Anybody know the heights that are good to fish the North or South.. Whats to high and to low??? Thank You!!

M
Mad dog
ReleaseYourFuture said:
Anybody know the heights that are good to fish the North or South.. Whats to high and to low??? Thank You!!

Canyonville fishes pretty good when the flows at Tiller are around 2,500 cfs, I prefer fishing the South when the flows are between 2,000-3,000 cfs. Above 4,000 cfs at Brockway and the south will get pretty muddy below Cow creek. The North side drifts well between 2,000-4,500 cfs at Winchester but can fish good up to around 6,000 cfs below Little river. Anything above little river fishes best when the flows at Winchester are less than 3,000 cfs but the side drifting can be good anywhere from 3,000-6,000 cfs.