Steelhead reports?

troutdude
troutdude
Does anyone have any early winter steel reports to file?

jamisonace
jamisonace
Go make a report for us Jay!

T
Toyracer38
Recently hit the Wilson, Big Creek (Clatsop Co.), Kalama and Grays. Nada.

M
mastercaster
Was on big creek twice in the last two weeks first trip low and clear no action . Second trip water was prime put a keeper on the bank within 20 minutes of being there but overall still a little slow tried to put a second fish on the bank but had to head out around 11:30 . If I was able to stay all day might have got it done .

troutdude
troutdude
I wish that I could Jamie.

Sorry you had no score Toyracer.

Congrats to you MCaster!

They are out there...at least according to, last weeks ODFW Recreation Report.

Good luck to all!

Casting Call
Casting Call
0/2 on the wilson. Tony:beaten:

C
cddunn
N
nwdunerider
Fished the Alsea on sunday
Heard of one caught
I had a coho on for about 20 seconds before it dove into the brush

R
_RJ_
1 chromer on the wilson week before last. That was before the minefield. Lost it at the net. Released 1 coho on necanicum by the quarry last weekend. My advice is stay low in the system.

hobster
hobster
Stopped by Whittaker on the Slaw today on my way home and they were setting the trap up. Very friendly guys, they said the silvers were still coming in so the gate on the trap will be open until early january. Didn't see any fish except one roll, not sure if it was a steel or silver. Couple of fisherman, still early for up there. I wet my line for a half hour just for fun....nothin.

troutdude
troutdude
Great to hear of your escapades guys. Thanks for chiming in. We are now seeing more reports, coming in. Hopefully, we'll have a good run--and you'll all get some serious ink on your tags. Good luck to all!

And here is the newest ODFW Rec. Report, for the North Coast:

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/RR/northwest/index.asp

K
kerrydaleherring
I too went this morning and hit the slaw closer to mapleton. Nothing saw a couple fish roll. Water was awesome but the scattered showers ended up being a monsoon. Started at 9:30 ended 1:30 soaking wet would've stayed all day but needed sleep before work. Might try again this morning up siuslaw by wildcat.

R
Ram
Hit Sandy this morning: Troutdale bridge, Stark bridge, guardrail hole, and north side of Oxbox. No takers.

Also hit Bonnie Lure for my first time on the north side and underestimated the flow out there. Definitely take waders if you are hitting it there. Eagle Creek looked super clear and had ok flow.

Saw five other guys out over the course of the day.

Good luck out there everybody. Hoping this rain heats up the weekend!

R
_RJ_
Around Mills Bridge for 2 hours, nothing.

J
JonT
After this big rain calms and the rivers settle, it's on.

R
_RJ_
And of course I'll be gone until next sunday

hobster
hobster
JonT said:
After this big rain calms and the rivers settle, it's on.

Next Friday and the weekend will be madness! Most people will be off work and the rivers will be in great shape, pretty dry week ahead.