Steelhead reflections

F
fishnquest
We are heading for home tomorrow. I just want to say thank you to everyone here for your help. The steelhead quest for this neophyte has been tough, but great; what’s better than fishing? The experience is irreplaceable, I grow more confident and have more fun with every outing. Over the past 10 days, I fished the Sandy, the clack, and eagle creek. I probably know more about those waters than most folks in Portland (well, those that don’t fish anyway). How ironic that a local came to me yesterday on the bank at Clackamette park and asked me about fishing, cracks me up:lol:.
AA, Kodiak, chris, meluv, et al; it was great to meet all of you and all you other 10%ers, I really did learn a lot, and I will get’em, dammit!
Went to the show last Thursday: just fantastic. The fly fishing techniques I learned there made the trip worthwhile in itself, what a score! I can put that fly where and when I want now; irreplaceable at home on the eel where my buddy and I have been fishing (started just this year) 2-3 times a week; just wait ‘till he gets a load of me now, lol.
We are leaving a brand new perfect baby grandson (our first), our daughter, and her husband (he having grown up in Kodiak, Alaska, we are growing very close…)
God bless, good luck to all, go get one for me.
As Arnold once said “I’ll be back…”

F
Fishtopher
Right on man! Glad you enjoyed yer stay! Stuff sure is addicting huh?! Even if yer not catchin'...Well, come on back soon!....

B
bigdog
Glad you had a good time wish we could have met up maybe next time.

Troutski
Don't be a stranger...

Don't be a stranger...

Well now that you are home, don't be a stranger. Heck we can still learn from one another, and post pictures of our catches...glad you enjoyed our state, you must come back and claim your Steelhead.

Chuck

K
Kodiak
Thank you

Thank you

I hope your trip home is a safe one! We can always use some good stories about Cali steel!! Don't be a stranger.