Steelhead on a worm?

S
slimyguts
Hittin it tomorrow. Ill post the results but only if its good

M
metalfisher76
"and yeah it's just like fly fishing for salmon. you can throw a lot of nymphs and bugs at em because it reminds them of the food they ate when they were little babies"

Smart kid!:D

brandon4455
brandon4455
aww damon you made me blush Lol. andi forgot to mention. one of my first and last steelhead trips this year i did get the hang of drift fishing. i was at the hansen boat ramp were three rivers runs into the nestucca. and right around the corner you walk up three rivers a few feet. and there is this nice little spot with water about 3-4 ft deep with an undercut bank and a gravel bottom..it was perfect. i saw some fish running some skinny water upstream so i figured i would try the pocket. first cast not even 5 feet of water drifted and somthing taps my corkie fish on!!! got him up and it was a small trout..after c&r on about 3 trout i made a last effort and hooked into a springer. he took me on a ride and spit the hook after about 3 mintues. it was a fun learning experience. but sadly i don't have waders so i wont be able to fish there again till next spring/summer and even then the water is a bit cold to walk in.

F
Fishtopher
Any color plastic worm is going to work if you get it in the zone! And the Reel deal works just as good.

You know why pink worms work soo good? Go grab a Night Crawler and leave it in a glass of water for a few hours. See what color it turns.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Fishtopher said:
Any color plastic worm is going to work if you get it in the zone! And the Reel deal works just as good.

You know why pink worms work soo good? Go grab a Night Crawler and leave it in a glass of water for a few hours. See what color it turns.

they turn pnik? wow never knew that LOL.

M
MIKE (YGA)
yeah ive caught a few summer steelhead on a worm an float but never i winter, i tried it the other day an only caught lil guys with the night crawler. i would definitely give a pink worm a try, im gunna! good luck!

brandon4455
brandon4455
MIKE (YGA) said:
yeah ive caught a few summer steelhead on a worm an float but never i winter, i tried it the other day an only caught lil guys with the night crawler. i would definitely give a pink worm a try, im gunna! good luck!

thanks gl to you too!

brandon