Springer techniques

P
pinstriper
So I know trolling herring, spinners and even plugs are on the menu. So is backtrolling or pulling quickfish/plugs. I imagine bait under a bobber as well.

But does anyone use jigs under a bobber, or twitch jigs, for springers ? Or is that just a Coho/steelhead thing that springers don't go for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D
DrTheopolis
Chinook like maribou jigs just fine.

S
Steelheader4Life
It all depends on where you are fishing. I bobber fish bait 95% of the time for springers but I only fish coastal systems.

Artwo
Artwo
Check out Mark Anderson of First Bite jigs. He makes some awesome salmon jigs and has some dvd's on how to fish them........

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
Caught a Coho last year on a pink maribou on a coastal river from my boat. They look so good in the water, I want to eat one! I can't wait to try them later this year for a Chinook, but for now Im sticking to herring and various Brads baits. I think they will produce. The technique is certainly appealing to a growing crowd.

Just my .02 :D

P
pinstriper
Thanks, me and Dana gonna try for springers at a super secret location tomorrow pulling plugs and a few other experiments.

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
pinstriper said:
Thanks, me and Dana gonna try for springers at a super secret location tomorrow pulling plugs and a few other experiments.

Crazy! Im fishing there too!:lol:

P
pinstriper
Whelp, no Grumpy sightings.

We were in such a super secret location that we can't actually say how well we did. Suffice it to say the ODFW Fish Checker said he had only seen ONE fish caught before us ! And the fish that Hans landed was the biggest fish I have EVER seen him catch !

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
pinstriper said:
And the fish that Hans landed was the biggest fish I have EVER seen him catch !

I can't believe you guys didn't help with the net!

P
pinstriper
You had her in the boat before we realized quite how big she was.