Springer techniques

P
pinstriper
So I know trolling herring, spinners and even plugs are on the menu. So is backtrolling or pulling quickfish/plugs. I imagine bait under a bobber as well.

But does anyone use jigs under a bobber, or twitch jigs, for springers ? Or is that just a Coho/steelhead thing that springers don't go for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D
DrTheopolis
Chinook like maribou jigs just fine.

S
Steelheader4Life
It all depends on where you are fishing. I bobber fish bait 95% of the time for springers but I only fish coastal systems.

Artwo
Check out Mark Anderson of First Bite jigs. He makes some awesome salmon jigs and has some dvd's on how to fish them........

MrGrumpFish
Caught a Coho last year on a pink maribou on a coastal river from my boat. They look so good in the water, I want to eat one! I can't wait to try them later this year for a Chinook, but for now Im sticking to herring and various Brads baits. I think they will produce. The technique is certainly appealing to a growing crowd.

Just my .02

P
pinstriper
Thanks, me and Dana gonna try for springers at a super secret location tomorrow pulling plugs and a few other experiments.

MrGrumpFish
Thanks, me and Dana gonna try for springers at a super secret location tomorrow pulling plugs and a few other experiments.

Crazy! Im fishing there too!:lol:

P
pinstriper
Whelp, no Grumpy sightings.

We were in such a super secret location that we can't actually say how well we did. Suffice it to say the ODFW Fish Checker said he had only seen ONE fish caught before us ! And the fish that Hans landed was the biggest fish I have EVER seen him catch !

Hooked Up
And the fish that Hans landed was the biggest fish I have EVER seen him catch !

I can't believe you guys didn't help with the net!

P
pinstriper
You had her in the boat before we realized quite how big she was.