South Umpqua float

C
colbypearson
it should be really awesome, a big turn out would be sweet too!

brandon4455
brandon4455
tomriker said:
you should get a car :)

good idea. im finally for sure getting my birth certificate tomorrow and taking my permit test by next week. ill have my liscense in no time!...but not soon enough LOL

J
JeannaJigs
I committed to andy's fall creek for boobs shin dig, not sure I can pull two weekends in a month. Will know by the end of the week...I'll keep you guys posted. Slide to elkton is a pretty good stretch. Sawyers might be fun in a pontoon too lol

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I'm down. Hell yes.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
JeannaJigs said:
not sure I can pull two weekends in a month.

Yes, you can.

brandon4455
brandon4455
GraphiteZen said:
Yes, you can.

any chance i can bum a ride out of you if i pitch on gas?? :think: not to be a bum or anything..

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
brandon4455 said:
any chance i can bum a ride out of you if i pitch on gas?? :think: not to be a bum or anything..
Sure you can. I'm right up near Independence anyways.

J
JeannaJigs
Not necessarily, I will know this week if I got the job at the hospital I applied for...It will require I work every weekend (except for two that I have already requested off) for the next 6 months or until a weekday shift opens. So it's not because two weekends in a row is too much, it's that I probably won't be able to do it with a new job.

GraphiteZen said:
Yes, you can.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
JeannaJigs said:
Not necessarily, I will know this week if I got the job at the hospital I applied for...It will require I work every weekend (except for two that I have already requested off) for the next 6 months or until a weekday shift opens. So it's not because two weekends in a row is too much, it's that I probably won't be able to do it with a new job.

Lies.

F
Finneus Polebender
GraphiteZen said:
I'm down. Hell yes.

Hey werent you supposed to attend a certain bass tourney too LMAO we wont shoot or believe ya till we see the whites or reds of your eyes ,had to give ya a bad time LOL

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
LOL I deserve that man you have invited me several times to stuff. Looks like you didn't miss me with the last one though, what a turn out!! One of the better shows of the OFF gatherings. Really, though I was kicking myself, especially as I scrubbed the salmon skunk off while I viewed your thread. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

brandon4455
brandon4455
GraphiteZen said:
Sure you can. I'm right up near Independence anyways.

sweet. thanks bo. looks like im adding you to the list of OFFers i have to drive around when i get my liscense :lol: can't wait for this event. i might just buy a raft if theres no other option on a floating device.. it would get me around i'm sure.. rafts are fun :D

Last edited:
S
sherman
Hey if it happens on the 1st, 3rd or 4th weekend in June I'm in. I have that job thing that gets in the way every now & then. My old truck boss/ dispatcher is a camp host at the Elkton rv park & runs a shuddle service up & down the river. An eight hour run might be a little much for me on the river but I could jump in part way. Heck I'd even be willing to take my camper off at the rv park & be a shuddle driver myself. For those that would want to camp at Elkton rv park we could even have a BBQ there. They have a great covered pavilion with tables for such things. If that was to happen reservations early in advance are neccesary. There is also another rv park at Kellog that we stay at on a private ranch that is up from Elkton & has a take out & boat launch. Then there is Sawyer Rapids farther down the river.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
sherman said:
Hey if it happens on the 1st, 3rd or 4th weekend in June I'm in. I have that job thing that gets in the way every now & then. My old truck boss/ dispatcher is a camp host at the Elkton rv park & runs a shuddle service up & down the river. An eight hour run might be a little much for me on the river but I could jump in part way. Heck I'd even be willing to take my camper off at the rv park & be a shuddle driver myself. For those that would want to camp at Elkton rv park we could even have a BBQ there. They have a great covered pavilion with tables for such things. If that was to happen reservations early in advance are neccesary. There is also another rv park at Kellog that we stay at on a private ranch that is up from Elkton & has a take out & boat launch. Then there is Sawyer Rapids farther down the river.

I float from the Airfield RV park into Elkton all the time, through Big K and all that. IMO that is the best section of the Umpqua. I was hoping that this section would be suggested.

There is a pay ramp at a residential place right at the bridge in Kellog we could launch from. $5 I think is the fee. That is if it's still going. He was about to close it down the last time I went through due to people using the beach and not paying.

brandon4455
brandon4455
it'oh man.. i'm getting dizzy lookjing at those smallies. been a couple years since ive seen them that size.. beautiful fish. and its gunna be cool finally meeting you bo..mr no show!!! Lol

B
B-Whit
Stewart Park is Probably the single hardest place, its got more pressure than anywhere else. you can put in at river forks park where the north and south meet to form the main umpqua and float to tyee area or put in at tyee and go to elkton. or do the whole thing depending on how long you want to be out. there are some other smaller boat ramps along the way as well... but either way youre gonna catch a lot of smallies

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
B-Whit said:
Stewart Park is Probably the single hardest place, its got more pressure than anywhere else. you can put in at river forks park where the north and south meet to form the main umpqua and float to tyee area or put in at tyee and go to elkton. or do the whole thing depending on how long you want to be out. there are some other smaller boat ramps along the way as well... but either way youre gonna catch a lot of smallies

Thanks for the contribution. Welcome to the forum!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
B-Whit said:

yeah what he said. thanks! and welcome!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
If it's at all possible, let's keep this and Andy's fundraiser on separate weekends. For the benefit of all parties.

brandon4455
brandon4455
GraphiteZen said:
If it's at all possible, let's keep this and Andy's fundraiser on separate weekends. For the benefit of all parties.

definitely.