Sorry, no sand shrimp

M
markasd
Pretty bummed yesterday to show up at the only bait store in and or around Hebo only to find absolutely zero sand shrimp. Is it me or am I wrong for thinking that maybe this time of year when 'nooks are running that you might have a few in the cooler, especially when your the only game in town..

S
Spydeyrch
That would make sense, right. I mean, it is all about supply and demand and right now, if you are the only gig in the area, your demand should be pretty high I would think!! Hmmm, pretty strange that they didn't have any. Could it be they had just sold their last one before you got there? :think:

-Spydey

C_Run
C_Run
The other day the guy in Philomath was out and said there was a big run on them .

M
markasd
Guess they coulda just sold out... guess all the folks fishing the Salmon could have bought em.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Ive never had a problem in Hebo... yet... but I have problems with Philomath being out of bait all the time. I'd say more often than not.

A
alseaalumaweld
they only stay alive so long. they get them but they sell out. id get there a little sooner next time if u want some

C
chrisohm
Get a shrimp pump! Whatever its called. For a little extra time to find some beach you could have more shrimp than you could possibly need. You also get different sizes. The small ones have their uses too. You can also gauge how long they will live based on how fresh they are giving you potential bait for a few days.

S
SantiamDrifter
You were in hebo? There's more then just one place around there to get sand shrimp. And my guess is you were fishing tide water, which means your closer then farther away from them.

M
markasd
My bad - for sure I coulda pumped em'..

A
alseaalumaweld
bad tides last week tj is behind on orders and sell the shrimp all over the coast and to philomath. jerry in philomath has sand shrimp and hearrying now