Smith Rock State Park

S
spmpdr
I think imm headed over there today to give it a try, its only 5 minutes from my house and im saving my gas money for either the metilious or the crooked on tuesday but im jonesin' to fish so what the heck !!! ill let you guys know how i do .

F
flipper
Good luck, and looking forward to a report! I'm hoping to head out there later today myself :)

O
OnTheDrop
spmpdr said:
I think imm headed over there today to give it a try, its only 5 minutes from my house and im saving my gas money for either the metilious or the crooked on tuesday but im jonesin' to fish so what the heck !!! ill let you guys know how i do .

Crooked River is RED HOT... afternoons you can't keep 'em off your drys. If you're looking to catch quite a few fish I would focus on the Crooked below Bowman dam. If you are headed to the Metolius be ready for some uncooperative fish.

S
spmpdr
Well no lucky as expected at smith rock state park, ive never seen anyone fish down there and now i know why. flip i wouldnt waste your time there at the park unless you just go to enjoy the outdoors, if you want fish head up closer to the dam as mentioned above. it sure was beautiful though as always. Yeah steelmonkiller the metolious is a very humbling river to say the least, ive fished it 5-6 times and caught one whitefish. I really like the strategy that you have to use on that river, you really have to think every step of the way.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I'm with you spmpdr with regard to Smith Rock. Nice place for a hike but it does not offer the best fishing on the Crooked.

N
nwmike
i fished the crooked at smith rock today on a whim was there for about an hour before the wind got to bad.i did manage to catch 3 whitefish.i will go back when i have more time and weather is better so i can explore.

L
Later, Peter
That portion of the Crooked River is s l o w e r & deeper than the upper portion (Bowman Dam down to mile post 11). There are white fish but that's where you'll find trout that will take a dry fly. It's also quite pretty.

N
nwmike
on my way to that portion of the river tomorrow any one else fishing the crooked this week

M
mezzfin
Imma nymphing the Crooked in a few spots tomorrow! Bringing the net AND camera - expecting to use them both :)

N
nwmike
great fishing on the crooked today.im going back tomorrow before i hit up the sportsman show,should be a good day