small bass?

F
fishgriller
1bigfish said:
Actually it was Flippinbaits that said that, and as my former partner he knows I don't completely buy into that. True larger fish do tend to want a meal that will be worth their effort, however larger(older/smarter) bass also know the size of the baitfish they are chasing are and if your lure is too big to be a real baitfish they may not chase your unnatural looking lure.

Here is a simple example from last year. Flippinbaits was even with me on this trip and he should remember the trip since he got his biggest smallie ever on that trip. I fished mostly cranks that trip but my biggest fish and smallest fish of the trip both came on soft plastics. Biggest for me was a 2lb 6oz smallie on a 3inch senko. Smallest for me was under 10inches and was landed on a Yum brushhog.

In general, big bait = big fish, may be true but I personally don't buy into that rule. If I were to have a rule I would say match the hatch.(but that is another dicussion entirely.:D

and actually i caught my biggest bass yet on a micro jig

F
fishgriller
ninja2010 said:
frogs with no legs is just a lump :lol::lol::lol:

and thats what made it so amazing

F
fitterdent
i never knew how big sm got until i tried a big tube. now thats almost all i use. it also catches the small ones, but mainly big ones. the only thing that sucks about tubes is you have to work them slowly on the bottom, so you snag up a lot, but the good thing is, the big fish hang out on the bottom. my favorite tubes are yum FINESSE tubes. a 3.5 inch either fire tiger or green pumpkin. the finesse tubes are more productive than regular ones. i use a 1/4 ounce jig head and slide it into the tube (with some smelly jelly crawfish) scent, then poke the eyelet through the top of the tube and voila. i catch 4 or 5 pounders on the columbia all day long.

T
Troutier Bassier
fitterdent said:
i never knew how big sm got until i tried a big tube. now thats almost all i use. it also catches the small ones, but mainly big ones. the only thing that sucks about tubes is you have to work them slowly on the bottom, so you snag up a lot, but the good thing is, the big fish hang out on the bottom. my favorite tubes are yum FINESSE tubes. a 3.5 inch either fire tiger or green pumpkin. the finesse tubes are more productive than regular ones. i use a 1/4 ounce jig head and slide it into the tube (with some smelly jelly crawfish) scent, then poke the eyelet through the top of the tube and voila. i catch 4 or 5 pounders on the columbia all day long.
Dittow.

F
fishgriller
ive never fished for smallies :(

T
Troutier Bassier
Smallies are Fun!

And I caught my first Largemouth Today!,
Check out my thread in Bass Fishing.

F
fishgriller
Congrats how big?

T
Troutier Bassier
Like 14? I can't remember.

F
fishgriller
very nice i used to fish mostly for trout but after i caught my first LM i was addicted haha now i fish mostly for LM's

T
Troutier Bassier
Bass and Carp now,

Trout is for Winter!

F
FishSchooler
T
Troutier Bassier
Thats when I catch all my Brooders, Winter and Fall.

F
fishgriller
yea