Siuslaw report please

Q
qwapaw
Are there any fish still in the mouth of the Siuslaw? I would like to fish from Florence to the ocean if there are still good numbers in there. I will be there in 1 week for 3 days. This is the first year I have the right boat for that and would love to try it. Any reports or fish sitings would be a great help. A friend saw 2 on last Saturday at Cushman as he drove by, but not where I'd rather be. Thanksn, Qwa

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
the fishing was great last week, Coho really hot, we were out Thursday (10# Coho just off Mo's) and Friday (12.5# Coho just below the bridge), there seemed to be less fish downriver from the bridge except the shore fishing by the transfer station seemed good, some silvers holding there, we did not mark many from there until almost at the bridge. best area seemed to be upriver from the bridge with both Nooks and Coho being caught. Nook run started early this year so I think it could be winding down or at least moving upriver.

That said, Siuslaw hit the 900 Coho limit and it closed at the end of Sunday, so I think most people will be looking for nooks further upriver. We are moving our fishing to the lakes (Siltcoos and Tak) next week assuming the Coho have started moving in.

P
plumb2fish
There will be fish on every tide until the middle of November....how many is the Question....I found a nice bright nook above tide water tonight.....plan on trolling the flats above 101 up to Tiernan this weekend....below 101 is where I would be in August and Early September

Q
qwapaw
Thanks for the info. I just really want to be on the water. It would be nice to catch a fish or two while I was there. Maybe I will see you guys out there, Thanks, Again, Dan

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Hey,qwapaw! How the heck have you been? I haven't talked to you since we met a couple of years ago. Hope you are well and will slay a big ol hawg when you get out there!

T
Thuggin4Life
I wouldn't fish below 101 with the amount of fish that came in already and the rains moving them around. I'll be there saturday so i'll let you know where they are be caught at.

Q
qwapaw
Thank you Andy, I really appreciate it, Dan