Simpson pond report 4/28

T
the_intimidator03
Well I took my float tube to simpson pond. I do not think I will do that again. A little boat or canoe or such yes. I ended up fishing there for about 2-3 hours in pond 1. Never made it into pond 2. Hooked 2 bass with the 2nd one being a new record for myself. I did forget my tape measure. I was hoping to measure length and girth.
106_0602.jpg106_0603.jpg

I caught both these fish within 8-10 feet of the bank using a 4 inch rubber worm in motoroil color. weightless rigged.
After I finished at simpson I headed out to Waverly to check that out and was pretty much a bust. I did happen to meet a fellow OFF member there. I then headed out to Freeway Lakes to see if I could coax a bite there and it wasn't really decent for visiblity Nor could I find the trail back to the 3rd lake. So I ended up banking it for trout using PB since I didn't bring anything else. Got bored and started whittling a piece of wood.. and then my finger LOL that told me fishing was done for the day.

troutdude
troutdude
Nicely done Eric. Glad you found your way into Simpson; and got some nice ones.

WORD: there is a trail back to Lake #3 at Freeway Lakes (also called Threeway)...however, you really need to be on the alert. There is a LOT of poison oak all along that trail and around lake #3. The trail goes underneath both the south bound and north bound lanes of I-5.

T
tomriker
Not bad, healthy lookin fish too ! Grats on the new pb

T
TTFishon
Nice looking bass Eric!!!

T
the_intimidator03
Ty all... How was your trip TT?

T
TTFishon
It was alright. Drank lots of beer but didn't catch any fish.

T
tomriker
good thing you're good at drinkin' beer! :lol::lol: did you get rained out?

F
Finneus Polebender
Nice bass looks like at least a 3 somethin ,way to go on the PB.

L
lilsalmon
Very nice fish, Eric!!! I am so jealous. Still need to get one on the fly. I live in Albany and I don't even know where Simpson pond is. why won't you do it again with your tube?

C
Combat Chuck
sweet... I was out there about the time you posted this. Got some little guys, lost one maybe 2lbs.

bass
bass
Nice fish the_intimidator03! I am curious as to why you would not take your float tube back to the pond since it looks like it worked pretty well?

H
Hendo30
Way to go Eric, awesome looking fish and sounds like a great day on travel and "catching". Well played on the PB, now get out there and top that PB. Thanks for sharing.

T
the_intimidator03
for simpson pond the bank I launched from is a wee bit unstable. stinks to high hell and even currently my flippers were constantly in the weeds. That is why I wouldnt want to take a float tube back out there. A canoe, Kayak, Pontoon etc sure.

C
Combat Chuck
Its certainly not a glamorous place!... but it gets the job done.

bass
bass
the_intimidator03 said:
for simpson pond the bank I launched from is a wee bit unstable. stinks to high hell and even currently my flippers were constantly in the weeds. That is why I wouldnt want to take a float tube back out there. A canoe, Kayak, Pontoon etc sure.

Thanks for clarifying, although it seems a reasonable price to pay for beautiful fish like that.