Silver Creek

F
Fisherman.Z.
i was just wondering if anyone fishes silver creek in silverton, i am going to try there here soon but was wondering if i can get some information about what flies and what not before i do actually go.

O
OnTheFly
Fisherman.Z. said:
i was just wondering if anyone fishes silver creek in silverton, i am going to try there here soon but was wondering if i can get some information about what flies and what not before i do actually go.

I found your post a little late and you may have gone fishing there already. Did you mean the reservior or the actual creek?

F
Fisherman.Z.
the actual creek. sorry i should have been more percise.:D

O
OnTheFly
Fisherman.Z. said:
the actual creek. sorry i should have been more percise.:D

Sorry Fisherman.Z can't help you there. I am only familiar with the lake. I fished there last Saturday and it was a real pain to get through town due to some sort of "Run For Fun event. The lake was very crowded and the fishing was slow. Maybe a little early yet. I can understand your curiosity about the creek. There was good flow and it looked real 'fishy'. Not sure about access through all the private property. Let me know if you find a spot to fish it and how you did.

D
Drew9870
All I know is the Blue Winged Olive is the main hatch we have in Oregon..... Well, thats what I have read online.

18406ej
18406ej
Fished the reservoir today from about 10a-12p. Saw about 10 boats on the water, and maybe another 10 bank fishing. Caught 7 fish, mainly on a brass spinner. They were biting well, but all except this one were only 6-7" long. Everyone was released to grow some more.