Silver Creek Res

C
cavtrooper
Anyone fish this place? What are the tips for a new guy?

18406ej
18406ej
Are you banking it or are you in a boat? I have had good luck anywhere along the banks upstream from the boat dock (both with Thomas Gold Spoons and PowerBait under a float). I think that most anglers have the best success rate by heading up near the confluence of the Reservoir and the Creek. You might want to check the regulation book because I think that the Creek and the Reservoir have different rules.

Good luck and welcome to OFF,

EJ

M
Metz84
To get to the confluence you have to trespass on private property, unless your in a boat. Powerbait eggs (red or green) off the bottom 2' should get you into some fish.

P
PNW Sam
Last Fall I fished SCR with powerbait off the bottom and spinners for 4 hours (two rod validation, so essentially 8 hours worth of fishing). Didn't get a bite or see any fish. I can't base my opinion on the place off of one bad trip, and I'd think that any of the obvious methods would produce fish. I've always heard that it's WAY better to fish with a boat than from the bank.

C
cavtrooper
I went out there but it looks like boat fishing is the only way to go. I couldn't even see a good bank fishing spot.

M
Metz84
cavtrooper said:
I went out there but it looks like boat fishing is the only way to go. I couldn't even see a good bank fishing spot.
:naughty::naughty:
There is a lot of bank fishing spots..... Follow the trail and you will see other trails branch off the main trail, just follow them down to the bank.