Siltcoos Sunday

E
eugene1
Went up to the til-ly for the big bay nook bite there and picked up two limits (one fish for each of us) early in the morning:

tillyNooks3.jpg

Easy limits of chrome bright fish and off the water around 7:30 am and headed back to the EUG. Decided to come through the region of siltcoos and try a couple of hours of afternoon fishing there. Got out and saw two chromers caught in front of me, but no luck for myself. Some dark fish jumping around tho. Boats coming off the dock probably averaged about 1/2 ho per rod? Met Dean from a tackle company out in Florence and learned some interesting news about the lake. He can fill you in if he sees this as I don't know if anything is set in stone. Really nice guy anyway.

That's my report of the half try at the lake this weekend! How'd you do (if you're a lurker)?

F
Fish a holic
Those on the slaw?

E
eugene1
i wish, tilly bay. Slaw seemed dead today driving by, so I think that's over?

N
nwkiller
nice pair of nooks bro. it was very slow on the silt today, rain will make the pain go away. i only heard of one fish being caught over at the maple arm, talked to a "maggot" (im a bank maggot as well, and an capytan) he said he had one on but lost it.......lots O' empty boats. what end were the two u seen caught. also only seen a handful of fish roll......and we also seen some weird schools of minnows or possible "baitfish" anyone know what those are, tons of them were out, even seen a dorsel and tail fin chasing a school behind the boat but wasn't interested in our offerings this time.

E
eugene1
nwkiller said:
nice pair of nooks bro. it was very slow on the silt today, rain will make the pain go away. i only heard of one fish being caught over at the maple arm, talked to a "maggot" (im a bank maggot as well, and an capytan) he said he had one on but lost it.......lots O' empty boats. what end were the two u seen caught. also only seen a handful of fish roll......and we also seen some weird schools of minnows or possible "baitfish" anyone know what those are, tons of them were out, even seen a dorsel and tail fin chasing a school behind the boat but wasn't interested in our offerings this time.

Thanks, nwk.
I like your posts! Sorry to hear your silty pain, I share it. I always forget the bad trips out there and only remember the catching? It's all good since it averages out.

Saw one caught at nightingales by a lone fisherman around noon and another at the fiddler arm about 2pm. I tried the river for a bit but just wanted to get back home and left before dark. It was already a long day of driving and fishing before getting to the lake. Oh yeah the cormorants and gulls were having a field day with some small fish over at fiddler's, but I don't know what was happening. Never seen birds going that crazy on the lake before. hopefully they weren't getting into coho smolts?

later,

N
nwkiller
thanks man,
ya im not sure what those small schools are either...bass??. what boat were you in, i was on the other side from you but may have past somewhere, we are usually in a 14ft valco

T
TTFishon
nwkiller said:
thanks man,
ya im not sure what those small schools are either...bass??. what boat were you in, i was on the other side from you but may have past somewhere, we are usually in a 14ft valco

Not sure but I think they may have been perch.

J
JeannaJigs
Those schools are perch. It seems that there was no rain for so long, that when it did rain and brought the creeks up, the fish shot up the creeks....I checked out maple creek. LOADED. so that's where the fish disappeared to. Gonna take another good round of rain to bring in fresh fish.

J
jack_king
At times, those green perch are so think, you can't keep 'em off your spinner :rolleyes:

E
eugene1
JeannaJigs said:
Those schools are perch. It seems that there was no rain for so long, that when it did rain and brought the creeks up, the fish shot up the creeks....I checked out maple creek. LOADED. so that's where the fish disappeared to. Gonna take another good round of rain to bring in fresh fish.

Kind of good to hear that those fish moved up! maybe they'll make the next generation. Those birds were so thick that I thought they were going to eat all of the fish at fiddlers!

Thanks,

B
bigsteel
excellent job out there,,way to get em