Siltcoos Lake mid December worth a try?

CARPCOMMANDER
CARPCOMMANDER
I fish for carp all over all the way down to the end of the the long tom outside monroe its a hoot. I own 3/4 of a mile of the long tom about 10 miles up from the resavoir. catchin a lot 14"+ trout this year in my back yard. Hooked atleast 2 a day for the last 2 weeks straight. Sometimes 6 or 7 and I never fish for more then a hour hah

troutdude
troutdude
That's awesome. I figured that the upstream trout, would all be dinks.

Got room for a guest?

K
killigan
GaryP1958;n614875 said:
Colored up?

GaryP1958 Attempting to deceive and mislead with that "forgazi" photo of a SRC is Bush League at best. First off, the date and time in the lower right corner is suspect, due to the month and year indicated. Second, the pelvic fin visible in the frame is half missing. Third, the lateral line is completely absent from the photo, not to mention the whole middle section of the fish is unnaturally paper white (as in erased in Photo Shop/Paint program).

My only question to you GaryP1958 WTH man, are any reports/photos you post true or even yours????!!!!! (Drops mic, turns around and walks out)

forgazi.png

troutdude
troutdude
killigan why is that posted on this thread?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
GaryP1958;n614942 said:

this is a misleading post. Siltcoos Lagoon is not Siltcoos Lake. And the few trout that go into Siltcoos (3000) pale in comparison to the numbers put into Cleawox (16272) or even small Munsel (8500).

Munsel: https://myodfw.com/fishing/species/...nned_stocking_date_end_value[date]=2018-12-31

Cleawox: https://myodfw.com/fishing/species/...nned_stocking_date_end_value[date]=2018-12-31

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
killigan614977 said:
GaryP1958 Attempting to deceive and mislead with that "forgazi" photo of a SRC is Bush League at best. First off, the date and time in the lower right corner is suspect, due to the month and year indicated. Second, the pelvic fin visible in the frame is half missing. Third, the lateral line is completely absent from the photo, not to mention the whole middle section of the fish is unnaturally paper white (as in erased in Photo Shop/Paint program).

My only question to you GaryP1958 WTH man, are any reports/photos you post true or even yours????!!!!! (Drops mic, turns around and walks out)

Thats an old sd card from my old camera, that photo was taken 2 weeks ago up near the trestle on Fiddle Creek! Roger no Siltcoos is not heavily stocked but it is stocked!

K
killigan
GaryP1958;n614988 said:
photo was taken 2 weeks ago up near the trestle on Fiddle Creek!

GaryP1958 I believe this fish was caught where you are claiming. Doesn't excuse or explain the fact that you doctored the photo solely to attempt to mislead viewers, and discredit the validity of rogerdodger 's posted information.

1110180852b.jpg
I caught this SRC 3 weeks ago up by Maple Arm. This fish cut bright orange and had all but no spots below the lateral line. The closer to spawning time, more spots would start to accumulate, indicating the "coloring up" has begun. rogerdodger is correct! The SRC run is coming to an end, and the fish are starting to color up for the spawn.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
If you want to worship Roger thats your biz I was just pointing out that Siltcoos Lk gets stocked! Roger is one hell of a fisherman no doubt but not everything he says is Gospel!

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Got this one a few days later

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
I dont photo shop on this crappy Chromebook!

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Another

hobster
hobster
Roger is Gospel :bleh:

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
CARPCOMMANDER;n614857 said:
My birthday is next weekend was considering taking my boat out to try the siltcoos for trout and possibly yellow perch? Is it worth it? Any tips you could offer would be greatly apreciated thanks guys

Go for it theres always SRC stocked trout and withe big tides right now a few chrome Coho are sure to be in! Fish way back up the Fiddle Creek arm cast lures and spinners they hang back there before going up creek to spawn!

troutdude
troutdude
Gentlemen please discontinue the trash talking. Such behavior doesn't look good to anyone, let alone the newbie who started the thread ( CARPCOMMANDER ). Not to mention that you've now hijacked his thread.

Thank you.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
hobster;n615003 said:
Roger is Gospel :bleh:

not so fast, I heard that guy is such a jerk, the only thing that will fish with him is his dog. ba-da-boom.

OK, back to fishing, I did hear that several smaller lakes here on the central coast just got a bunch of 2+ pound brooder rainbows dumped in them recently, if I can confirm which lakes, I will pass it along.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
troutdude;n615007 said:
Gentlemen please discontinue the trash talking. Such behavior doesn't look good to anyone, let alone the newbie who started the thread ( CARPCOMMANDER ). Not to mention that you've now hijacked his thread.

Thank you.

Exactly!

Admin
Admin
Men are just big kids. (c)

1.jpg

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
rogerdodger;n615009 said:
OK, back to fishing, I did hear that several smaller lakes here on the central coast just got a bunch of 2+ pound brooder rainbows dumped in them recently, if I can confirm which lakes, I will pass it along.

the lakes that recently got big brooder rainbows are: Saunders, Butterfield, Empire and Bradley Lakes. those are the ones I suggest if someone wants to take a late year outing with a chance of getting a big rainbow. cheers, roger

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
This rain will bring in some shiny Coho and SRC monday and Wed look good!:LOL: