Siltcoos fishing

N
nwkiller
so i was wondering what parts of siltcoos are best for trout or perch and cats, any experiences that anyone has had would be great apreciated, im gonna fish it this weekend, ive caught fish there but maybe knowing peoples go to fish spots would be awesome...thanks guys and gals

T
Thuggin4Life
we trolled close to shore for trout. only got a few and only tried it a few times. to catch perch pretend to troll for coho and you will get them. lol only time i have got them. in the fiddle creek arm slow troll a fender and worm and you can catch sculpin.

N
nwkiller
thanks ill give um a shot...ive never gotten perch trolling for coho there, thats crazy..lol

troutdude
troutdude
Perch at Siltcoos

Perch at Siltcoos

A couple of decades ago...we caught a LOT of perch near the grass areas around the island(s) in the northern quadrant. Not very big, but a LOT of them. It was fun. It seems like we were slowly reeling in a worm and bobber rig.

T
Thuggin4Life
yeah we would get little perch and little bass coho trolling. lifts your spirits when you aint catching and the weather is misserable. don't know why i was cathcing sculipns instead of trout.